15: Terrible

Beginne am Anfang

It's the sizeable donation that I'm giving the school, and I may or may not be fucking his school principal. (Well, what can I say? She's single, beautiful, and only five years older than me.)

Not wanting to hear any of his counterarguments anymore, I said to him as kindly as I could,

"Fai il bravo ragazzo e resta qui (Be a good boy and stay here). We're going to have a family dinner as soon as I finish the meeting with your fratelli e cugini (brothers and cousins). Behave and keep your sorella company, and maybe I'll think about ungrounding you tonight."

Nicco hesitantly nodded his head and grunted in response; his signature frown was still prominent on his face.

"But why couldn't I join you guys? I'm already a made man!"

I gritted my teeth. That's one of my biggest regrets: letting my fratellino join the mafia at the young age of thirteen.

"You are, but, sei ancora minorenne." (You are still a minor.) I placed my hand on his shoulder.

Even though Nicco's already a soldier in our mafia, as much as possible, I would like to keep him away from all of the violence and dirty businesses of the said mafia. I don't want my baby brother to be as tainted as me and Alessandro.

"Just listen to me and stay with your sorella. E tutto quello che ti chiedo è di non essere cattivo con lei, ne ha già passate tante (And all I ask is that you don't be mean to her; she's been through a lot already)." I leaned down and kissed the crown of his head, like I did with Isabella, then I turned my head and looked at her.

"Stay here and watch TV with your brother Nicco; we're going to be quick."

And with that, I left my two youngest siblings together to meet with my middle siblings and cousin.

***

"You're going to fucking what?" As expected, Ale was quick to argue as he stood up and slammed his fist down on my table, but I only glared at him and replied in a calm voice,

"We're going to find our padre, and I'm going to kill him."

As if it's that fucking simple. I could see Gio rolling his eyes and Kirill shaking his head in my peripheral vision, probably thinking the same thing. But that's only my plan in a nutshell.

"È nostro padre!" (He's our father!) He yelled as he darkly glared at me.

"And he took and left our sorellina in an orphanage, abandoning us in the process as well!" Gio countered at him.

We told Ale that our padre left Isabella in an orphanage in New York, but we still didn't get to the part where she was kidnapped by the fucking Polish.

"That girl killed my mamma! There's no doubt that papa probably hated her; that's why he did what he did! She fucking deserved it!"

And that's when all hell broke loose.

The three of us were on our feet in an instant, ready to beat the hell out of Alessandro, but since Kirill was closer, as he was standing behind him, he instantly grabbed hold of the back of his shirt with his left hand, and with his right, he grabbed the back of Alessandro's head, and before he could even react, Kirill pushed and slammed his face against the wall, harshly pinning him there.

"Ty chertov mudak." (You fucking asshole) Kirill hissed.

Alessandro only snorted and didn't even bother to struggle or fight back against Kirill's grip.

"Stai zitto, cazzo! (Shut the fuck up!) You don't know what the fuck you're talking about!" Gio growled and was already clenching his balled fists, looking like he was ready to murder our brother, surprising me. Gio is the only one out of the four of us who's against violence, but he would never hesitate to turn to violence when it comes to anyone who's threatening to hurt our principessa.