E.24.

Check if you've read the previous update

Unedited 🙏
----------

"Uncle, you are going in a wrong route. You should have taken the left turn.", Sidharth said to the auto driver.

"Huh? I know the route very well, don't worry son.", Replied the driver.

"No uncle. You must have mistaken. I have been brought up since childhood here, I know the route to my home.", Sidharth replied politely.

"Sidharth.. let him do his job. He knows the route.", Amar said to Sidharth.

"Huh? But babuji, this route will not lead us to our home. You know that very well. Simply the metre reading will go North.", Sidharth said to his father.

"Sidharth, we aren't going there.", Amar replied turning his face away from him to hide his facial expressions.

"We aren't going home? Then where are we going?", Sidharth asked totally puzzled.

"To your Anand Kaka (Uncle's) house.", Amar replied.

"Huh? Why?", Sidharth asked.

"Just stop your interrogation, Sidharth.", Amar yelled annoyed.

Sidharth felt humiliated in front of the auto driver. However, someone pressed his hand to console him. It was none other than Sana, his wife who was one among the three passengers in the auto. The other two being his father and himself. Sidharth was now put off by his father's behaviour yet he decided to keep quiet due to the respect he held for him.

The auto came to halt infront of a huge house. The house belonged to Amar's brother, Anand Joshi. Anand Joshi was also Sharad's father with whom Divya was now married. Behind Sidharth's auto, halted another auto in which Sidharth's mother, Rekha and his best friends, Adith and Shiv were seated.

"This way..", Amar said to Sidharth, who was going to enter the house.

"Huh?", Sidharth looked perplexed as to why his father was going towards the little outhouse used by servants than his brother's house.

Since his father had already chastised him in the auto, he decided to not ask him anything and instead chose to give his mother a curious stare.

His mother lowered her head and silently followed her husband. Sidharth and Sana now looked clueless at each other for a few seconds before following Rekha.

"Wait here..", Rekha said and went inside the house and came back with a plate which had a lit lamp, vermilion box and sweet in it. She waved the plate in circles in front of the bride and groom (Sidharth and Sana) to welcome them home.

"Maa, what's going on? Why didn't we go home? Why are you performing this ritual here than our home?", Sidharth asked. But all he got in reply was a piece of sweet shoved into his mouth by her.

"Knock this tumbler filled with rice on the threshold with your right feet and enter inside the house dear.", Rekha said to Sana. The ritual which signifies the bride to bring happiness and prosperity to the family she is married into.

Sana nodded and did as instructed while Sidharth followed. Adith and Shiv carried their luggage which they got from the wedding hall.

Sidharth was shocked to find the things from their home already in this house.

"Maa, why are you turning deaf to my questions? Why aren't you or babuji saying something?", Sidharth asked more sternly, determined to get an answer. Rekha looked at Adith and Shiv to which they both excused themselves citing the reason as they wanting to grab fresh air.