E.8.

Check if you've read the previous update.

________________

Sharad escorts Sana into the venue. When she reaches the door, she gets a shock to read the name written on board.

Welcome to the
Engagement ceremony of:

Naina with Vivek
And
Divya with Sidharth

"What happened? Let's go in.", Said Sharad.

"Are there two different halls here? There are two engagements taking place on the same day.", Sana smiled faintly hoping the name she read on the board was some other Sidharth.

"Why would they need two different halls? Oh!! I suppose you were not aware that even Sidharth's sister, Naina is getting today. You must have come here thinking that it's only Sidharth's engagement.", Said Sharad.

"Which Sidharth?", She asked yet again fighting back her tears to not show up.

"Actor, Sidharth Shukla.. (laughs) Come on, the same Sidharth with whom you came from Mumbai, your friend, Sidharth Joshi.", Said Sharad. His words shattered her cracked heart which only stayed in place on a thin hope that it could be someone else.

"Come, let's go!", Said Sharad winding his bike keys with his forefinger and walking in front not noticing that her eye lashes dropped a big drops of tear on the floor. Her legs shivered as she felt her knees go weak while she took steps to go inside the hall.

Upon reaching inside, she looked around to find the only person who she trusted and loved in this unknown place. Her search to find him stopped at the front row seats where he sat with his head hung. There wasn't even a tinch of happiness on his face but the person sitting beside him was laughing and giggling and that was none other than the girl with whom he was getting enagaged, Divya.

His eyes met Sana's now reddened eyes and he lowered his head further.

"Hey come, I will introduce you to Sidharth's other cousins and also my family.", Said Sharad pulling her hand. Sidharth looked up immediately, his eyes glared at Sharad's hand which held Sana's hand.

However, Sana's eyes kept staring at him, anger rising inside her.

"Sharad, I want to use the restroom.", Sana excused herself and Sharad left her hand and nodded his head. He pointed his finger in the direction which led to the restroom.

Finding her walking away from her cousin, Sidharth followed her lead by excusing himself from Divya.

"Sana", called Sidharth as soon as they were away from any familiar faces. She turned around and looked at him. He pulled her by her hand to the side behind the restroom. There were two reasons for it. Firstly, he didn't want anyone to see them together, while the next was his possessiveness, he wanted to wipe Sharad's scent from her hand which he had held few seconds before.

"Congratulations Sidharth. I suppose the ceremony is over already. Sorry, I reached late because my host left me at their home or perhaps my FRIEND didn't want me to attend his engagement.", Sana said sarcastically.

"Divya's...", His sentence was halted by her hiss as she stung to hear the other girl's name from her husband's mouth.

"Her parents haven't reached yet. Their vehicle had a breakdown. I am not engaged.", He reframed the sentence to not take her name.