E.1.

With shivering hands, he touched the latch and looked back at her. She had picked up the veil lying on the floor and placed it back over her suit as it was before they entered the room. He nodded at her and opened the door.

"Police raid.. run away from the back door quickly before they catch you two.", Said the hotel staff.

"But we..", he was cut by the staff.

"..yeah, I know y'all just arrived and haven't finished your task but if police catches you then you will be in great trouble.", Said the staff.

She holds his hand. Her hand was cold as ice and he looks at her tear filled terrified eyes. Within a second they find themselves running away from the back door.

Reaching a little far, she broke down into tears bitterly.

"I am sorry Sana. Please don't cry. I am very very sorry. I will never force you to do this again.", He said holding both her hands.

"I.. I want to go h..home, Sidharth.", Sana spoke in between her sulks and slowly pulled back her hand from his grip.

Walking towards the bus stop, she boarded the bus which arrived just in time. Their eyes stared at each other as he stood watching the bus leave while she saw him through the window.

Sorry Sana

Read the message on her phone.

"What happened child? Are you alright?", Asked the lady sitting beside Sana when she saw her wiping the tears which rolled continuously down her cheek.

"Nothing.. I am fine..", nodded Sana looking outside.

.
.
.
.

"You are early today, Sana?", Asked a lady in her early fifties as soon as she entered the house.

"Yes Maa. I am having a bad headache.", Replied Sana.

"Oh!! Change your dress and freshen up. I'll prepare some strong tea for you.", Said her mother.

Sana nodded her head and went inside the room. Picking up a pair of fresh clothes, she went to the bathroom. After undressing herself she poured a bucket of cold water over her head and gasped.

She came out of the bathroom after changing and sat on the little cot in the hall. Her mother came with a steaming hot tea in a steel glass and passed it to Sana.

"You took bath?", Asked her mother looking at her wet hair.

Sana nodded her head in yes while sipping tea.

"Why? You had bathed in the morning once. There won't be corporation water in tap tomorrow as well. I struggle to fill the water from the well everyday and you just empty the water like anything. Don't you have any mercy on your old mother? You think my work is also as simple as yours sitting in the office. When you have to work at your in-laws house, you will know the struggle.", Complained her mother.

Sana placed the glass on the teapoi and went to the bathroom. She picked up the empty pot and bucket and walked out of the house.

"Sana.. Sana..", her mother cried but Sana was already gone.

Tying the neck of the plastic pot with noose, she dropped the pot into the well and shook the rope to fill it, she then dragged the rope alternating and poured the water into the bucket before dropping the pot again into the well. After filling both the bucket and the pot, she picked it up and climed the stairs to reach home. Not responding to her father, she went straight to the bathroom to keep the bucket and pot.

"She is home early today?", Asked her father who had just returned home from work.

"She had a migraine so she returned home early.", Said her mother

"Oh!! If she has a migraine then why is filling water?", Asked her father.

"Temper!! She took a bath twice today so I just told her that corporation water won't come tomorrow as well and she got angry.", Complained her mother.

"..I struggle to fill the water from the well everyday and you just empty the water like anything. Don't you have any mercy on your old mother? You think my work is also as simple as yours sitting in office. When you have to work at your in-laws house, you will know the struggle.", Said Sana who sat on the chair and picked up the glass she had left. The tea was cold but she gulped it all in one go anyways.

"Shanti, why did you have to taunt her so much? I would have filled the water after coming from office. And for Sana, I will make sure Sana is married into a well to do family where she won't have to put up these struggle.", Said her father.

"When will that happen? You've been searching a groom since so long for her. She had found one herself which you rejected outright.", Nagged her mother.

Sana frowned and left the place.

"There.. you got her angry yet again. You know very well the reason why I denied the marriage with him.", Said her father.

"Huh!! You can only blame me for everything.", Mumbled his wife and went into the kitchen.

.
.
.

On the next day, Sana walked to the bus stop as usual after office hours. Sidharth was already there as he wanted to speak to her. She glanced at him once and went on to stand in the end of the queue. Sidharth left his first position and went towards her but before he could stand behind her another man took the place. Sidharth looked at her with a sad face.

Sorry for yesterday Sana.

She read the message from Sidharth and ignored it. The man standing behind her whispered into her ears.

"What is your rate per hour? Will you come today?"

Sana glared at the man and he winked. She looked at Sidharth who was standing behind the man and typing something into his phone with his head down. She went and stood behind Sidharth. Sensing her movement Sidharth's lips formed a subtle curve. The man infront of Sidharth went and stood behind her. Sidharth felt suspicious, he turned around just as the man whispered in Sana's ear again.

"I will pay double to sleep with you.."

Sana's eyes welled up as it met Sidharth's eyes.

"What happened?", He asked.

Sana nodded her head to say nothing.

"What did he say?", Asked Sidharth.

"Nothing..", she said in choking voice.

"What did he say?", Sidharth asked more sternly which made everyone turn and look at him.

The man gulped and started walking away from there when Sidharth ran behind him. At a little distance, he caught hold the man's collar from behind. The bus arrived and evryone at the bus stop except for Sana got in. Sana ran towards Sidharth.

"What did you say to her?", Yelled Sidharth

"I just asked her rate. Why? Only you can enjoy with her in Oyo Rooms?", Asked the man as he was assured that there wasn't anyone else left apart from them.

"Bastard!! She is my wife.", Sidharth yelled punching his face making his nose bleed.

"Aahhhh.. you are lying. Who takes his wife to Oyo room? I observed you yesterday. Y'all just gestured to her and she agreed to sleep with you.", Said the man.

"Why should I explain you? Huh? Why? Who are you to explain? Her father or brother? Huh? Bloody loafer! How dare you ask my wife such a filthy question?", Sidharth shook him by his collar while beating him black and blue.

"Sidhaarth.. leave him.. he will die..", cried Sana.

"You stay away. I will kill him today.", Sidharth seethed in anger beating him even harder.

People walking on the road went and grabbed Sidharth by his arms. The man lay on the road shrieking in pain with his face full of blood. The police arrived shortly and took the three with them to the police station.

________

To be continued.. ❤️❤️

So the suspense is over.. 😉 enjoy the story.. let me know your views.