Chapter 28: Give his liver back

Start from the beginning

~~~

Alexis sat in the passenger seat of the impala next to Dean as the two waited for Sam. Rain gently hit the windshield as Alexis stared out at the street. Madilyn was asleep in her cars eat, Bucket--her stuffed duck--gripped tightly in her arms. 

Alexis groans, setting a hand on her stomach. Dean looked over at her, sliding closer. "Darlin'?" 

"I'm alright." Alexis insisted, though Dean wasn't sure how much of that he believed. 

Sam got into the backseat of the Impala, gently closing the door behind him. 

"Hey." Dean clears his throat. "So, what'd you find out from the, uh, mop jockey's girlfriend?" 

"Nothing. Just how great he was. Went to church. Donated to charity. Rubbed her feet during Glee." Sam answers. 

"I just threw up in my mouth." Dean mutters as he ran his hand up and down Alexis's back. 

"Sorry. Anyway, uh, checked his record, spotless. What about the science building? Anything?"

"Built in '05. Nothing weird about the land." Dean replies. "Before this, the biggest mishap was some genius accidently spilled sulfuric acid on his crotch. I mean, they don't even dissect anything good in there. I mean, anything bigger than Kermit, they use an iPad."

Sam scoffs. 

"They suck all the fun out of everything now-a-days." Alexis remarks, shaking her head. 

"So we got nothing?" Sam asked. 

"Yeah, a big steaming pile of it." Dean nods. 

~~~

The next day, Sam, Dean and Alexis walk into the clothing factory where the victim from last night was killed. They walk past the coroner's tech as he zipped up the body bag. The three spilt up, walking around the building filled with sewing machines, clothes, and mannequins. 

"Dean. Alex." Sam called out as he held the EMF detector out in front of a cart full of mannequin body parts. 

"Yeah?" Dean asked as he and Alexis walk toward the younger hunter. 

"This thing's humming." 

"Hmm."

"And?" Alexis asked. 

"Wait." Sam says. "That anatomy dummy you and Maddie were molesting at the lab."

"Excuse me?" Dean asked. 

"Huh?" Alexis crossed her arms over her chest. 

"What if that's what this is about?" Sam suggests. 

"What exactly are you accusing me of?" Dean asked. 

"I don't mean that. I mean, there was a anatomy dummy there. And here--" Sam gestures to the mannequin behind Dean and Alexis.

"You're joking." Dean says.

"So you're suggesting that the movie Mannequin turned horror film is what we're dealing with? Sam, mannequins didn't kill anyone." Alexis rolled her eyes. 

Sam gave the two a look.

"You're not joking." Dean states. "Okay, uh, so what, we've got a bunch of killer dolls like Chucky?" He moved toward the mannequin. "I mean, com on, that's just. . .frigging creepy."

Alexis sighs. "First spiders, now dolls. I hate this."

"It's just not your week, huh, sweetheart?" Dean set an arm around her shoulder.