Chapter 36: We pulled one too many Final Destinations

My Heart Will Go On 2

"Balthazar unsank a boat, now we got a boatload of people who should never have been born." Bobby states over the cell phone speaker. 

The three hunters sat on the bed as Dean held the phone between them. Madilyn was curled between Dean and Alexis, sleeping peacefully with her head on Deans knee and the rest of her body in Alexis's lap. 

"Yeah, like 50,000." Sam tells him.

"Makes sense." Bobby replied. 

"How does any of this make sense?" Sam asked.

"I got an idea who we're up against."

"Ooh, it's a who, not a what. Exciting." Alexis mutters. 

"What?" Dean asked.

"Fate." Bobby answered. 

"You mean--?"

"I mean, Fate, like the Fates. Or one of them, at least."

"So, like, the old women who're knitting?" Alexis questions. "Seems simple enough."

"You mean like Greek mythology? Like the sisters?" Sam asked.

"Bingo." Bobby says.

"Nerd." Dean mutters. 

"How come Alex isn't a nerd? She knew about it too." 

"Fine, you're both nerds."

Alexis scoffs, smacking Deans arm. "Whatever."

"These ladies are responsible for how you go down." Bobby cut off the rest of that conversation. Literally. So if you get creamed by a garage door or crunched by the cop machine, they're the ones who hammer out the details of how you die. Spin out your fate on a piece of pure gold."

"So we have to deal with a woman who, like I said, is knitting." Alexis mumbles.

"Gold thread." Sam states. 

"And then one of them writes it all down in her day runner of death." Bobby continues. "High level stuff. Anyway, fits. Now we know what Balthazar did. It seems to me that maybe Fate is just trying to clean up the mess."

"So how do we stop it?" Sam asked.

"How do we stop Fate? Good question."

"Sam, it's literally Fate. How in the hell do you kill Fate?" Alexis asked. 

"Well, there's gotta be a way." Dean adds.

"Like Alex said. Or there ain't. This is Fate we're talking about here." Bobby argues. "You know, the easiest way would be to get that angel to re-sink the boat."

"No. No way. Forget it." 

"Big difference between dying awful and never being born, Dean."

"We are not sinking the boat, Bobby." Dean insists. "Okay? Don't even think about it."

"Well, okay. What's got your panties in a clench?"

"I'm forcing him to watch Dude, Where's My Car later." Alexis shrugs as the three hunters share a look.

"Nothing." Dean tells him.

"Try that again." Bobby says.

"It--Look, it--it doesn't even really matter, but. . ."

"But?" 

"Apparently, a crapload of dominoes get tipped over if Titanic." Dean pauses. "And, uh, bottom line. . .Ellen and Jo die."