Chapter 28: Give his liver back

Start from the beginning

Alexis winces, shifting from one foot to another. Dean shot her an 'are you okay' look, which in return she nodded her head. "As long as it ain't spiders." Alexis jokes weakly.

"Why, what do you got?" Sam asks Dean.

Dean pulled out a newspaper. "Janitor murdered in a college lab last night. Doors were locked. Nobody else in or out of the building."

"Great. Where to?" 

"Paterson, New Jersey. Hey, maybe we'll have a Snooki sighting." Dean chuckles. 

"What's a Snooki?" 

"That is a good question." 

Alexis rolled her eyes, setting a hand on her stomach as she shifted once again. 

~~~

Alexis suppressed a wince as she, Dean and Sam walk into the lab where the janitor was murdered. 

"Check it out. These things are friggin' awesome." Dean says, gesturing to the dummy that was made to replicate the human body underneath the skin. It showed all the muscles and the chest was open, organs on display. 

Dean reached out, grabbing the heart from it's chest. He turned to Alexis, who had her eyes closed as she pushed away another spurt of pain. "Darlin'."

"Yeah?" She asked, opening her eyes. 

Dean held out the heart. "Be my valentine?"

Alexis smiled a little. "You're an idiot."

"Is that a yes?"

"If you insist." Alexis jokes.

"Dude, we're working. Put it back." Sam tells Dean. 

"Have a heart." Dean chuckles. 

"Dean." Sam complains as Madilyn leaned toward the dummy and ripped it's liver out. 

"Buzzkill." Dean mutters, tossing the heart in the air and catching it. "You smell sulfur?"

"Yeah. We're in the science lab." Sam states. 

"Daddy, look." Madilyn taps his shoulder as he adjusted her in his arms. 

"Wow, Mads, you got a liver. That's great." Dean tells her. Madilyn giggles. Alexis smiles as she watches the two. 

Alexis groan, her hand gripped Deans bicep. 

"Lexi?" Dean asks, setting the heart down and then setting his hand on her back. 

Alexis took a deep breath, placing a hand on her stomach. "No, no, I'm good."

"You sure?" Dean asked, brushing a piece of hair from her face. "Sweetheart?"

"Yeah, I'm good." 

"Hey." Sam says, grabbing their attention. He held the EMF detector in his hand as it beeped rapidly, the red lights flashing. 

"Ghost Gone Wild." Dean says. "Something's up in here."

"Question is, what?" Sam replies. 

Dean looked around, spotting a security camera. "Sam, good news." He nodded to the camera. "Big Brother's watching."

"Alright, Maddie, give him his liver back." Alexis tells her. 

~~~

Sam, Dean and Alexis sat at the desk in the security room, watching the tapes from the night before. They watched as the janitor walked into the lab and began to mop the floor. He looked up and then the video cut out. When it returned the janitor was laying on the floor in a pool of blood.