001 🎕 same as a prince.

It was a naturally sunny day in Auradon on the day the Villain Kids were to arrive

It was a naturally sunny day in Auradon on the day the Villain Kids were to arrive. It had been a month since Ben officially announced his proclamation to mixed reviews. Throughout the time, there had been secret videos, debates, headlines, and all-around uproar about the arrival of the children, but Ben stood his ground. With Minnie by his side, they were able to change enough minds to get a decent-sized welcome party, including the Auradon school band.

Minnie stood beside her cousin in a rather uncomfortable outfit and tiara, looking through her mother's binoculars. They had been standing outside for about half an hour now, with Audrey hanging onto Ben and continuously sharing potential horror stories, all of which Ben dismissed. The brunette lowered her binoculars to stretch out the yellow corduroy dress that Belle had given her. It was a short A-line with a collared turtleneck and a belt cinching her waist. While this was normal attire in Auradon, it was quite different from her usual clothing or the traditional attire of Faraway. To top it off, she wore an ornate crown made from golden flowers and leaves, another gift from her Aunt which she was convinced she would break eventually.

Rocking on her uncomfortable heels, she turned to her cousin as Audrey spoke with Fairy Godmother. "Hey, how come I have to wear a tiara and you don't?" she huffed, letting the binoculars fall around her neck as she crossed her arms and slumped to one side.

"We had to do something to make you more presentable," Ben snickered back, a smug smile on his face which soon disappeared as he received a hard shove from Minnie. "You're not King yet," she threatened, to which the boy laughed, pinching her cheek with a faux pout on his face.

"Awh, someone didn't get their beauty sleep," he joked before yelping as the smaller girl started smacking his shoulder. Ben started to retaliate, albeit much softer, before Fairy Godmother and Audrey noticed the two.

"Hey now, children!" the older lady intervened, looking at Ben as she stood between the cousins. "You are to be King; it's time to stop this endless bickering," Godmother spoke softly yet sternly, and Ben tried to keep a straight face as Minnie popped up over the woman's shoulder, sticking out her tongue.

Fairy Godmother turned to Minnie who quickly snapped back to smiling, as if she were innocent, and Audrey pulled Ben towards her, brushing down his hair. "Now Minnie," she paused as she took hold of the younger girl's hands, "please, stay out of trouble." The older woman smiled as Minnie looked over Fairy Godmother's shoulder to see Ben, mimicking her and sticking out his tongue before his face was pulled away by Audrey's hand.

"Why does everyone keep telling me that?" Minnie huffed, blowing some hair out of her face as the older woman fixed the tiara on top of her head. Fairy Godmother returned to her position, waiting for the children of the Isle as Audrey and Ben turned back around. "Because you tend to get into it," Audrey answered, a smile on her face. The brunette slapped her cousin on the shoulder once again - much to his surprise.

"Hey!" Ben moaned, holding his hands out, confused as to why he was hit. "Well, I can't hit her, can I?" Minnie stated, motioning to Audrey. This prompted another playfight between the two before the loud booming of trumpets commenced, signaling the arrival of the four children they had all been awaiting.