"No, I'm morbidly curious now Hammett." He said.

"You sure you weren't saying I love you to a girl?" Kerry asked. It felt like an interrogation almost as Kerry positioned himself with his hands on the table and his body leaning inward.

"Nope." I said popping the P.

It was lunchtime and I didn't bring any food so I guess I had no choice but to entertain Kerry and his morbid curiosity.

"Your mom?" He asked.

I shook my head no and he looked completely stumped. His brain is definitely conditioned to straight relationships. Kerry didn't seem homophobic he just would probably ask me uncomfortable questions.

"Damn Kirk. Why can't you just tell me? I know you have a girlfriend." He said.

"Not a girlfriend." I said.

Scott seemed to take the hint and looked like he wanted to beat Kerry for being so oblivious. Kerry noticed our annoyed staring and put his hands up in defense.

"What?" He asked.

Scott then whispered in his ear and the shock and realization set on his face.

"Holy shit you're gay?" He whispered yelled.

"Well technically-" I tried but Kerry interrupted me.

"I've known since the 12th grade and you liked girls, you love girls. What the fuck happened?" He asked.

"I like both guys and girls." I said.

"So do you have like a boyfriend?" Scott asked.

I nodded my head in response and Kerry had an oh my god moment.

"Oh Ok, so who is the lucky cowboy?" Kerry asked with a mischief grin.

I gave him a look that hopefully got my point across.

"Yes I really need to know." Kerry said with an eye roll.

"Do you remember that blonde guy that came in like months ago?" I asked.

"You know how many blonde fellows come in here every hour. Everyone here is blonde." Kerry said sarcastically.

"Does the name James Hetfield ring a bell in your head?" I asked.

Kerry looked up like he was thinking for a moment.

"No not really." He said.

"Is that the guy that the guy was talking about yesterday?" Scott asked.

"Oh yeah that's him." I said.

"Ew that short guy?" Kerry asked.

"No dumbass the guy that he was talking about." Scott said.

"Still doesn't get the cogwheels turning." Kerry said.

"Good." I responded.

"Is he okay? The guy seemed to be really desperate and worried." Scott asked.

"Yeah he's doing better now. Very long story but I fixed it, hopefully." I said.

"Is he hot?" Kerry asked. I rolled my eyes but smiled as an image of him popped up. He looked really good with longer hair.

"Ahh so that's a yes huh?" Kerry teased.

"Yeah, he's okay." I said casually.

"With a smile like that I don't think he's just okay." Kerry teased again.

I threw my head down to try and hide the smile on my face.

"How did you even meet this guy?" Kerry asked again.