Trouble growing on Coruscant

Senate building, Coruscant
22 BBY
3RD POV:

The Chancellor's office was a red-lined cavern dominated by an arc of windows overlooking the towers of Coruscant

The Chancellor's office was a red-lined cavern dominated by an arc of windows overlooking the towers of Coruscant. Chancellor Palpatine sat with his back to the view, facing the four Jedi Councilors seated before his desk: Grand Master Yoda, Master Windu, Ki Adi Mundi, and Plo Koon. Behind them showed Master Kit Fisto, Luminara Unduli, and her padawan learner Barriss Offee.

Anyone wanting to get to the Chancellor now would have a tough time.

The Chancellor looked pale and tired, and his voice was troubled. "I don't know how much longer I can hold off the vote, my friends. More and more star systems are joining the separatists."

"If they do break away -" Mace Windu began and was cut off, uncharacteristically sharply, by the Chancellor.

"I will not let this Republic that has stood for a thousand years be split in two. My negotiations will not fail!" He declared.

Mace continued his statement. "But if they do, you must realize there aren't enough Jedi to protect the Republic. We are keepers of the peace, not soldiers."

This caused the Chancellor to contemplate what he said before turning to Yoda.

"Master Yoda, do you think it will really come to war?" He asked dreadfully.

The ancient Yoda closed his eyes before speaking. "The Dark Side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is."

Whatever Palpatine might have said in reply was cut off by the hologram of an aid materializing on his desk: "The loyalist committee has arrived, your honor."

"Send them in."

The door opened, showing the former Queen of Naboo. Now the Senator of Naboo. Padmé Amidala. Walk inside with the Naboo delegation and several other Senators behind her.

"We will discuss this matter later." The Chancellor Palaptine spoke, standing up.

Yoda and Mace Windu move to greet the Senator of Naboo.

"Senator Amidala, your tragedy on the landing platform...Terrible. To see you alive brings warm feeling to my heart." Yoda spoke with gratitude.

"Do you have any idea who was behind the attack?" She asked the ancient Jedi.

Mace Windu spoke at this.

"Our intelligence points to disgruntled spice miners on the moons of Naboo."

"I think that Count Dooku was behind it." She stated back at him, not believing his intelligence.

"He is a political idealist, not a murderer," Ki-Adi-Mundi stated as he was beside the other Jedi in the room.

"You know, M'Lady, Count Dooku was once a Jedi. He wouldn't assassinate anyone, it is not in his character." Mace assured her.

"But for certain, Senator...in grave danger you are," Yoda told her, causing the woman to have a small smile.

"Master Jedi, May I suggest the Senator be placed in the protection of your graces?"Palpatine spoke as he turned away from the window overlooking the capital.

"Do you think that is a wise decision during
these stressful times?" Bail Organa, the Senator of Alderaan, stated.

The young Senator of Naboo spoke back against this. "Chancellor, if I may comment, I do not believe the..."

"Situation is that serious." No, but I do,
Senator." The Chancellor spoke with a grand-fatherly smile with a hint of authority.

"I realize all too well that additional security
might be disruptive for you, but perhaps someone you are familiar with... an old friend like... Master Kenobi..."

"That isn't possible. He is still handling the border dispute on Ansion." Mace Windu said, causing the Chancellor to frown a little.

"Master Jedi. Chancellor. What I was going to say was that it's not that serious about sending Jedi towards my protection. I have already asked for help." Padmé said, catching everyone's interest.

"Forgive me, Senator, but who is better than the Master Jedi in protecting you?" Chancellor Palpatine asked.

"A Mandalorian, that's who." A voice spoke with convention from behind the group of officials.

" A voice spoke with convention from behind the group of officials

"Red!" Padmé said, walking to him with a large smile on her face.

"Princess," Red said back to her, causing her to laugh and hug Red, where he hugged her back.

Padmé turned her head to the Mandalorian in red armor.

"Is that you...Nadia?" Padmé asked, which the Mandalorian nodded once in her direction.

"Yes, it's nice to see you again, Padmé," Nadia said, causing Padmé to have a giant smile, if that was possible, and Padmé hugged her.

"You've grown so much!" Padmé said to her, causing Nadia to laugh.

"Yeah, years will do that to you. Um, Padmè, I would like you to meet Luna." Nadia said, hinting at the other Mandalorian warrior she didn't know.

"Nice to meet you, Senator Amidala. My sister has told me much about you over the years." Luna said, shaking Padmé's hand.

Red looked in the crowd of people and saw Bail Organa. Red walked to him. "Bail," Red said, shaking Bail's hand. "How is Breha? Still running Alderaan for you?" Red said, causing him to laugh and nod. "Yeah, you know me too well." Bail said, causing Red to chuckle.

Mace Windu, seeing the hero of Naboo, stepped forward. "Mandalorian, what are you doing here? You have been hiding for ten years." He asked with narrowed eyes.

"To do the Jedi's job, serve and protect the people," Red said, turning away, but he turned his head to him. " First of all, I have never hid. I have been doing my duty fighting the Keepers. Something I shouldn't have to do since they are criminals. And you Jedi so post to enforce the law and bring them to justice. I haven't forgotten what you did to Master Qui-Gon. He was a true Jedi. Better than all those on your so-called Jedi council. And you abandoned him. Now, I need to protect Princess before you get her killed." Red said, walking away, causing Mace to growl slightly, but before he could do something, he felt a hand on his shoulder and a disturbance in the force.

He turned and saw Plo Koon. "Don't." Plo Koon said, tightening his hand on Mace's shoulder in a threatening manner.

Kit Fisto stepped forward near Plo Koon. "It wouldn't go well for you, Mace Windu."

The Mandalorian women and Padmé whispered at seeing this. Luna spoke first. "If there is an angry Jedi near you, who are you going to call?"

"Call a Mandalorian/ Call a Mandalorian." Padmé and Nadia said simultaneously, causing the women to chuckle.

Red walked up to Padmé and his daughters.

"Let's get to work."

So wyt guys good or bad? Any wants? Ideas? Pairings for Red or his daughters?