The sticky notes (Chapter 6)

Start from the beginning

"I know your friend is Shawn and I know he is a mutant. Just trust me. I am part of the H.M.A so your safe here," she tells me. My jaw drops at the information.

Ms. Reyes and I talk for a little bit more about what to do with me when I hear the doors behind us open. I turn around and can't believe my eyes. The same white hair, the same blue eyes, the same grin. "Wi-winter," I stutter out as I walk towards her.

"Yes little bro it's me, but wow you got taller. It seems like I'm the little sister now," she tells me with a smile.

I then slap her across the face. She left me and her family I had to show her I was mad even though I was happy she was back in my life. Her eyes go wide at the action. Before she can say anything I grab her and pull her into a bear hug and I start crying.

"I th-thought I w-would never see you a-again," I cried in her shoulder. She pats my back. "I know Matt. I know. I'm really sorry," Winter apologizes. I let go of her and look down at her. "Why did you leave me and mom and dad," I ask. I got to know.

"The same thing that happened when you turned 14. My mutation started and I couldn't risk staying. There are a lot of bad people that don't like mutants and will try anything to hurt them," she explains.

"I found your sister in the back alleyway a couple years ago. She had just run away from some cops that recognized her. I told her she had three choices. I would give her money and she can stay on the run, go back home, or come with me and I would help her and she would help other mutants," Ms. Reyes says.

"Matt want to go upstairs and catch up," Winter asks. I nod my head. I can't believe I found her after all this time.

Taylor p.o.v.

"Taylor take it out, take it out, take it out, it hurts. You lied. You said it wouldn't hurt. It's too long and too deep. It hurts," Shawn says as he lays on the bed. "Well sorry. I thought you liked it. You said you wanted more," I tell him. "Yeah but I didn't know this would happened. You should have prepped me," he replies. I roll my eyes.

"You said you didn't need it. You do it by yourself all the time by yourself," I remind him. "Well you should have known I was lying and what's worst is that we're in somebody else's room ," he tells me. "Oh it's fine Aaron doesn't care as long as we don't get anything on his computer."

We are right now in Aaron's room and we were playing Just Dance on the X-box till Shawn tried this weird move and hit Aaron's wooden cupboard and got a splinter. He said that we could hit ourselves with one of Aaron things and I told him it wouldn't happened and if it did it wouldn't hurt that much anyways. How was I suppose to know he was going to get a splinter.

I finally take out the the splinter and Shawn stops whining. I then kiss his feet where the splinter was. "Aw. Kissing it better," Shawn ask.

"Yes actually. I hurt my crotch last week and it still hurts. Will you kiss it better," I ask. Shawn blushes and throws a pillow at me. "Pervert." I laugh and he glares at me.

"Don't I at least deserve a kiss," I ask with a pout. Shawn sighs, "I guess." He leans over and gives me a quick kiss.

When he moves away he squints his eyes. "Crap," he says. "What wrong," I ask. "I lost my contacts in the middle of everything and now I can't find them. The rest of my contacts are home and now I can't see a thing," he says.

"Give me your backpack," I tell him. He frowns but doesn't say anything and gives me his backpack. I go to the front of it and unzip the front pocket. I take out his glasses case and open it. As expected I find his glasses. He hasn't changed his style of glasses since he was in kindergarten. He just gets a bigger size. I take them out and gently put them on him.