2.4 Perks

This is all from Sam's pov

-

5 months after the first date

Samantha cared for Aaron a lot. But sometimes, he got on her nerves. Perks, she called it. It sounded more positive than it was. The way he texted her that when he was on a case after he already arrived at the crime scene, for example. Or when he didn't contact her at all. Even though she knew he was busy doing important stuff and rescuing people, it hurt. But the worst one, was the first time she told Aaron she loved him. That was a month ago.

It was 1 AM, but Samantha couldn't sleep. It was Aaron's fault, who was currently spooning her with a surprisingly strong grip. He was shirtless, and the contact between their bare skin gave her a tingling feeling that she couldn't ignore. She wanted to stay like this forever, the man that she cared most for in the world by her side.

"Oh fuck," she whispered when she realized what emotion she was describing.
"What is it," Aaron asked with a sleepy, hoarse voice. His breath against her neck gave her goosebumps.
"I think I love you," Samantha admitted nervously. And the only reply she got, was a soft "okay."

She confessed her love, and Aaron said 'okay'. It felt like being stabbed in the heart, but she pushed it away.
At first, Sam blamed his tiredness. After all, he was half asleep. Tomorrow she would try again.

"Aaron," she started the next morning. Her hands were shaking while flipping the pancake, she barely caught it.
"What is it, honey?" he asked while searching for his tie.
"Do you remember last night, when I woke you up?" There was a pause, which lasted a little too long.
"You did?" He was lying, Samantha could tell. It didn't take a profiler to notice how he avoided eye contact. He never did that.
"Nothing, I just wondered." She felt sick. The first person to say 'I love you' again, would be Aaron, she decided.

Except he still hadn't. It was a month later, but nothing. Not even a hint. The closest thing was when he told her that he loved her smile. Samantha got a text while she was at the park with Nathan and Noah.

[SSA Charming:] I'm in Chula Vista right now, kidnappings

Samantha sighed.

[You:] Really? When did you get there?

[SSA Charming:] Last night, I forgot to tell you, sorry

[You:] How can you forget?

[SSA Charming:] I said I was sorry

She was a bit surprised by his irritated mood.

[You:] It was just a question

[You:] Is something going on?

[SSA Charming:] Of course not

[SSA Charming:] I'll talk to you later, we have a lead

[SSA Charming:] Bye Darling

"By Darling," Samantha imitated childishly. She couldn't help herself.
"Aunt Sam, can you push us on the swing?" She looked down at the two excited boys. At least there was someone adorable in her life that made everything better. The rest of the day, her focus was on entertaining the two kids. It was more than enough to make her happy.

After putting Nathan to bed, her thoughts went back to her Agent Charming. Because he was an ass, despite him being perfect. Aaron was a great profiler, he had to notice her feelings, right?
He probably didn't love her yet. Her heart broke, as if a wrecking ball hit it. It wasn't until a salty drop landed on her mouth, that she realized she was crying.
Everything hurt. Because apparently, she wasn't as important to Aaron, as he was to her.