The Wolves

The prince panicked. "Who in the freaking hell are you?" he screamed, "And why are there six armed people that look like they want to kill us?" he added.
    "Look, they wanted to kill you tonight and your high-born papa waited till yesterday to hire me. I didn't have much time making a plan. Now shut up."
    I needed to concentrate now. The guards yelled at us. I sank to my knees, I looked at the sword. If there is some kind of god, please make this work. I prayed, then I took a deep breath and drove the sword into my chest, right into my heart.
    "What the hell are you doing?" I heard the prince grumble, but the words didn't reach me, I only felt the pain, that's how it feels to be stabbed in the heart, interesting.
    "Really great rescuing plan, killing yourself will do it." I heard the royal-ass's voice, that means you're not dead. I concentrated on pulling the sword out, the second it wasn't in my heart the air changed. It smelt of iron and something else.
    I opened my eyes. The guards were standing in the door, and the prince knelt next to me, how sweet.
    But something else drew my attention. Red smoke was hanging thick over the ground, swirling and dancing like some ballet-dancer, slowly putting itself into place, piece by piece it came together, not it they, I realised. Wolves were growing from the dust, from the smoke that seemed to drop out of my sword. The cold ground became a battlefield as the wolves attacked. Their teeth were sharp like needles, they buried them in the guards' flesh. I heard Son of a Fox scream, I recognised Kid-boxer trying to fight, but every time he struck one wolf to the ground, two new ones stood up in the smoke. I grabbed the prince's hand, dragged him through the fight.
The wolves didn't touch us, they fought us a path, so we could get safely to the door. I touched one of the wolves red fur. It swirled under my hand like mist. The flames in their eyes didn't scare me, but the prince looked like he was about to pee himself.
"You're a blood soldier," royal-ass whispered,
"I'm the blood soldier," I corrected, but I had to admit that I was surprised, not many knew about the blood-soldiers.
We got to the floor and ran. Every instinct in my body screamed I should get out of this cave, but I had business to do. I had to kill Thantov.
We reached the stairs and the prince already had the first foot on the stairs, when I held him back. We