The Stairs

I entered a staircase, steps turning in circles like ballerinas.
    Getting the sword was easy, I just had to climb the outskirts of the building.
    Now I had to go down, and there's only one way back up.
    My eyes followed the stairs down, they led into a big black nothing, more poetic people would've called it a big dark mouth consuming everyone who dares come near it.
    There was a guard blocking the stairs down, and one blocking the stairs up, I couldn't kill both of them, one would have the chance to sound an alarm.
    "Can I help you?" the first guard asked, without looking at me, "Man, that's a woman in guard's clothes," said the second guard, casting a nervous glance to his companion. "Where did you get those clothes from young lady?" Young lady? What a compliment.
    "My boyfriend gave me his coat, he's following after me," I glanced over my shoulder, no one was there of course, but I made an irritated face. "I swear he was there, he said that the basement is a perfect place to have some alone time, he wanted to talk about our future." I smiled, like an idiot, my words had a dreamy sound.
    "Oh I'm sorry, girl, the basement isn't for future plans, it's for a different kind of alone time, he probably found someone else."
    I made a face as if about to cry, "No, he said he loves me, he said I'm his sunshine."
    The first guard looked like he wanted to strangle me, the second guard looked... sorry.
    "Maybe he took another way in the basement, maybe he's already waiting," I said, hope poisoning my voice.
    "I'm going to show her, that he isn't in the basement," the second guard answered to my hope. I never thought it would be that easy, and of course it wasn't.
    "You heard the orders. No one enters the basement tonight." The first guard was really testing my nerves. Maybe if I killed him fast, the other one would be too shocked to act, I thought, but it would've been too risky, and too much was at stake tonight.
    "Please, I just want to take a quick look, if he isn't there, I'll be gone, and you never have to see me again." The second soldier grabbed my hand gently, and led me down the stairs, not listening to his companions complaints.
    "Thank you so much," I said as we entered the complete darkness, the black mouth that swallowed us whole.
    "Don't thank me, your boyfriend isn't here, but I'm here, and we're going to have so much fun." His smile was disgusting, his teeth shined yellow in the dark.
    Those were his last words. I didn't even feel bad for that bastard, I usually don't feel bad for the people I kill, but for him, I didn't even feel a glimpse of sorry in my dried heart.
    "You're a bad person, but I'm a monster. Did your mama never tell you not to mess with the monster under your bed." I told the cooling body, something shined on his belt, that couldn't be, maybe there is a god, and he is on my side, keys, keys were actually hanging on the guard's belt. So maybe I wouldn't even have to use my lock picks at all tonight.
    I shoved the keys in the little pocket of my dress and started crawling through the dark belly of the Thantov-building.