Arcade

Cassandra and (y/n) walked hand in hand as they followed Stephanie. The three had just finished their weekly game of golf and now Steph had decided to make them try something new.

"Welcome to my favorite arcade!" She spoke happily as she motioned to the numerous games that lined the walls of this place. "Wait... have you two ever played arcade games before?"

Cassandra didn't even have to look at (y/n) to know his answer. "No" she said simply as she glanced around.

"Well then come with me!" Steph quickly grabbed Cass' free hand and pulled the girl, and by extension (y/n), towards a currently unoccupied game.

Stephanie quickly pushed Cass in front of the game and the girl let go of (y/n)'s hand so she could run both her hands over the buttons and the joystick of the machine.

Stephanie quickly helped Cass start up the game. "Now don't be to upset if you can't get this first try. This isn't an easy- oh wow" Stephanie was cut off halfway through her words as she noticed Cassandra already doing amazingly. "Yeah! Keep jumping over the barrels!"

(Y/n) just stared at the screen, mesmerizing as he realized that Cassandra was controlling the little man that she was playing as just by using a few buttons and a stick.

Cassandra continued playing this game for the next quarter hour. Stephanie tried to get (y/n) to play some games by himself but he wasn't any good at them so Stephanie had found them a two player game to play.

By the time steph and (y/n) returned to Cass they found she had gotten the high score for the game she had been playing and had moved onto the next machine. "I may have created a monster" Steph whispered quietly to (y/n) who just stared at Cass, she was so focused on the game he considered that he may actually be able to sneak up on her if he tried. He didn't try, just in case he was wrong.

The two watched in disbelief as Cass yet again got the high score on this new machine before moving onto the next. "Fun" she spoke with a smile as she finally looked at her friend and her partner.

"Yeah I can see you're having fun" Steph spoke as she watched Cass start the third game and once again get sucked into it. "I have definitely created a monster" she spoke before turning back to (y/n) again. "How about I get you something to eat big guy?" She asked as she pat his chest and he quickly nodded. She turned to Cass again and spoke. "We'll be back soon. Have fun"

Cass just nodded as she beat the level she was on and the other two walked off and out of the arcade and into the rest of the mall.

—————————————————————

Stephanie and (y/n) had gotten a bit sidetracked after their dinner and as a result of that when they arrived back at the arcade, with Stephanie holding way to many bags of new clothing, it was hours later. "Cass?" Steph looked around as she dragged a tired (y/n) by the hand. "Cass! Your boyfriend needs some sleep, we should head back"

When they finally found Cass she was in the back of the arcade playing with the pinball machine. She giggled happily as she got the high score on that machine as well. She turned her head and noticed Steph and (y/n), prompting her to smile even wider. "Look!" She spoke as she pointed to the screen that showed the high scores.

"You're scarily good at these games" Stephanie spoke with a nervous laugh. "I wouldn't be surprised if someday you get the high score on all the machines"

Cass shook her head. "No som- sum- day. Now day" she spoke happily.

"Wait seriously?" Stephanie asked with a surprised look. Cass nodded excitedly before quickly grabbing her boyfriend and kissing him, startling him, and as a result making him less tired, before he kissed back.

Cass giggled as she looked at all the machines around them again. She turned to Stephanie before quickly hugging her, her way of showing thanks for taking her here.

"You're welcome" Stephanie smiled before hugging the girl back. "But we should go back now" Cass pulled back and frowned. "Your boyfriend is on the verge of falling asleep"

Cass frowned before looking at (y/n) again. She quickly picked up the larger boy and put him on her shoulders. If she were anybody else she'd be crushed. Luckily she wasn't anyone else, she was Cassandra Cain. "Home" she nodded as she looked at Stephanie.

Steph smiled as she took out her phone and got a picture of the cute sight. "Home" she agreed as they began walking out of the arcade.

Cass was silent for a minute before giving an excited look to Stephanie. "Here to- tum- tumurrow?" She asked hopefully as she gave Steph the infamous Cassandra Cain puppy dog eyes.

Stephanie let out a small laugh and nodded. "Yeah, yeah. I'll bring you back here tomorrow"

Cassandra jumped up happily, once again startling her almost asleep boyfriend into a slightly panicked state. "Sorry!" She spoke quickly as she reached up and stroked his cheek. "Sleep" she whispered as she continued to caress it.

Soon enough they reached the car and Cass got in the back with her boyfriend. Cuddling him as he slept while Stephanie began to drive them home.

Word count: 946

(Yeah. This chapter turned out even better than I expected. Consider this evidence I read all your comments)