Alfred

Cassandra woke up around nine in the morning and was quick to get out of bed. She quickly switched from her bat themed pajamas into a casual outfit of shorts and a hoodie with her bat symbol on it.

Once dressed Cass was quick to leave her room and walk across to (y/n)'s room. She knocked on the door and waited until the door opened a minute later.

The boy was still in his pajamas as he looked down at Cass, quickly noticing the numerous scars that decorated her legs. The first thing she saw upon looking at him was as always the fastest way to kill him, Cassandra had to stop her eyes from going wide as the second thing she saw was that he found her scars attractive, she hadn't even begun to think of the boy that way, and considering she didn't think he had ever seen a woman before she hadn't expected him to either. Sometimes she hated this ability of hers to read people.

The boy quickly looked back up to Cassandra's face and waited for her to do something. She pointed past the boy and into the room, prompting him to move out of the way so that she could enter.

Cass was quick to enter before going into the boys dresser and closet and picking out an outfit for him. She laid it out on his bed before turning back to the boy. She pointed to him and then the clothes. He nodded before walking to the clothes as Cass turned away so she didn't see him changing.

Once he was dressed (y/n) tapped Cass on the shoulder and she turned around. She smiled and nodded before motioning for the boy to follow her as she turned and started walking towards the door.

Cass didn't want to overwhelm the boy on his first day here by introducing him to to many people. Luckily Dick was in Blüdhaven, Tim had school, and Stephanie had school as well. That left Bruce and Alfred as the only ones still home.

As they reached the bottom of the stairs Cass was able to hear the sounds of Alfred making breakfast in the kitchen, pancakes from the sounds of it.

Cass turned to the boy after a moment of listening and motioned for him to continue following. He did so as she lead him towards the kitchen.

"Ah, good morning miss Cain" Alfred spoke as he flipped the last pancake off of the pan and onto a plate. He then turned around and noticed the boy standing next to Cass. "And master..."

Cass turned to (y/n), she knew he had been brought up differently, maybe he could at least speak his name. It would certainly make this all easier.

The boy looked between the two, unsure what they were expecting of him. Cassandra pointed to the boy and tilted her head.

Bruce entered the room at that moment and noticed what was going on. "What's going on?"

"We're trying to ask the young master his name" Alfred explained as he brought the four plates of food to the dining room table. Everyone followed

"Thank you Alfred" Bruce spoke as he sat at the head of the table. The man looked at the boy and pointed to himself. "Bruce" he then pointed to Alfred. "Alfred" he pointed to Cassandra. "Cassandra" he then pointed to (y/n) with a questioning look.

(Y/n) pointed to himself and Bruce nodded. The boy was silent as he sat down, Cassandra taking the spot next to him. He picked up the pancake with his hands and looked it over, gaining a slightly disapproving look from Alfred who decided against commenting. He took a bite and smiled widely before deciding to try and answer. "(-" he shook his head and tried again. "(-" he shook his head again and gave up before going back to eating.

Cassandra frowned as she realized from a glance at the boy that he wasn't going to try to answer again. She looked at Bruce with a frown, he just gave a nod which she knew meant he'd look into the boy.

Cass looked back over to the boy before deciding to end Alfred's suffering. Once he finished his first pancake she quickly tapped the boy, making him look at her. She slowly picked up her fork and knife. She slowly cut the pancake into little pieces with them before stabbing her fork into one of the pieces and eating it.

The boy looked down at his plate as he slowly picked up his fork and knife. He looked over to Cass who just offered a small yet reassuring smile. He cut the pancake the exact same way Cassandra had before looking over at her again. She just gave him that smile again. He stabbed his fork into one of the small pieces and quickly moved it to his mouth before eating it.

Cassandra proudly pat the boy on the back as he quickly began to eat the rest of it. She was certain that soon enough he'd be like she was now and they'd be peers. Maybe then she'd worry about that attraction to her that she had seen in the boy.

Alfred watched the two before silently glancing at Bruce who was also silent as he gave his father figure a smile of his own. They were both now sure that what they were doing was the right thing for not only Cassandra but the boy as well.

Word count: 926