11. Come Across

All the students were waiting for the result from last ten minutes. Aryan and the principal came out of the hall & announce result.

"Attention everyone. All the interviews have been done properly. Now is the time to know who has passed the interview. And now we are announcing the result. So, the person who has passed the interview and who is getting an internship opportunity in Aryan sir's newspaper company is......... IMLIE.."

Everyone claps for Imlie. They congratulate her and leave. The principal also congratulates her and leaves for her cabin.

Aryan sees the happiness on Imlie's face. Make him look at her. His wife can find happiness in small things. Very few people can afford it. Aryan comes close to Imlie. And extends his hand to congratulate her.

"Congratulations."

She said overwhelming & shaking his hand vigorously.

"Thank You. Humka laga tum humka naahi selectiyaoge."
[Thank you. I felt you did not select me.]

"Pehle to 'Selectiyaoge' aisa kuch nahi hota. Aur Aisa kyon laga tumhe? Maine tumse kaha tha na ki agar tumhare pass potential hai to tumhe ye job milne se koi nahi rok sakta, khud mai bhi nahi. Because muze na-insafi bard....."
[Before that 'Selectiyaoge' there was no such word. And why did you feel like that? I told you that if you have the potential then no one can stop you from getting this job, not even me. Because I don't like the injust...]

Imlie cut him middle.

"Ha pata hai, toka na-insafi bardash nahi hai. Par ee khatir nahi keh rahe hum. Hum toka gaali diye rahe ee khatir laga humka." She said lowing her head. And Aryan raised his eyebrow confusing.
[I know you cannot tolerate injustice. But that's not why I said. I felt guilty because I curse you.]

"Tumne kaha gaali di muze?"
[You said you cursed me?]

"Hum toka Nakchada Akadbaggha bulaye rahe." She said closing her eyes tightly. But he chukled at her antics.
["I called you a Nakchada Akadbaggha.]

"Akadbaggha gaali hai?"
[Is Akadbaggha a curse?]

"Haa..... Nahi..... Matlab ab nahi hai, par jab diye rahe to man se gaali jaisan hi futi rahi na."
[Yes... No... I don't mean it now, but when I said it, it was as if curse had just come out of my mind.]

Before Aryan said something a known voice interrupted them.

"Ab kya aap Imlie ko iski wajah se job ke liye reject kar denge. Lekin maine to suna tha ki aap personal aur professional baatein mix nahi karte."
[Now will you reject Imlie for the job because of this? But I had heard that you do not mix personal and professional matters.]

Aditya hiddenly listening their talk since a while. But now he came out and said. But when he come out a small smirk appear on Aryan's face but he hide it very well.

"Aapne sahi suna hai Mr. Tripathi. Lekin aap yaha kya kar rahe hai? Lagta hai aapke pass waste karne ke liye bohot free time hai isiliye aap abhitak yaha hai."
[You heard it right Mr. Tripathi. But what are you doing here? Looks like you have a lot of free time to do, that's why you're still here.]

"Tum hume jaante ho? Aur kya matlab hai tumhara yaha rehne se. Tum humare boss nahi ho jo humare free time ka hisab maangoge humse."
[Do you know me? And what do you mean by staying here? You are not my boss who will ask me about my free time.]