The Bau-ginning

You woke up to the sound of your old alarm clock. It was a gift from your mother, and you've used it for years. It's woken you up to get ready for your boring job at the local supermarket for months now. You've thought about breaking the damned thing every time you have an argument with your coworkers. You've been looking for a replacement job so you can get out of your drab apartment for weeks now, but have basically given up hope, as no one in your small town is hiring.

You take a brisk shower, and get dressed in your tacky sales clerk outfit. You grab a blueberry muffin, one of the few joys in your life, and bike to work. On your way to work, you spot an odd sign with two puppies on it, offering over 5 times your wage at work. You remember pet-sitting for the rich old lady down the street when you were younger, and remember how low maintenance her golden retriever was. You take a slip from the page, and plan to call the number after your shift.

After a few hours of another shift of getting yelled by customers and coworkers alike, you sit down in the break room, exhausted. You think back on your life, and wish you went to college like your parents said to. You grabbed a Lunchable from the store on your way in, and started stacking the ingredients. As you take a bite, you think back to the sign you saw earlier, and decide to call the number.

"Hello?" a sultry woman's voice came over the phone. You don't know why, but you feel like you recognize the voice from somewhere.

"Hello, I'm y/n. I'm calling about the pet sitting job you put up," you say, trying to sound professional.

"And what's your address, darling?" she asks. You remember that it said the puppies would be staying with you, and tell her your address.

"How long will the puppies be staying?" you ask, curious as to how long you'll have this new job.

"They'll be staying till they drive you insane," she responded, which made you laugh.

"They're just puppies, how bad can they be?" you asked.

Much to your dismay, the woman just laughed and hung up the phone. You sigh, put your phone away, and finish your lunchable. Your timer went off, and you went back to your boring job, for what you didn't know was the last time.

Little did you know, a small box just appeared on your doorstep, with two demonic guard dogs sitting inside.