𝟗

< 𝐌𝐈𝐘𝐔𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 >
"It's brutal out here"

RAIN STREAMED DOWN over the streets as the grey clouds coated the entire sky

RAIN STREAMED DOWN over the streets as the grey clouds coated the entire sky. The day had just begun and it was already off to a gloomy start. I had an umbrella open, but I could still feel the rain dripping onto the edges of my uniform. My shoes were also soaked from walking through numerous puddles. I hate rain. Loathe it even.

Everyone had already arrived by the time I got to class. They were too preoccupied with discussing the sports festival being broadcasted on television to notice my tardiness.

I take my seat, trying to ignore the gross sensation of my soaked socks squirming inside my even damper shoes.

"You don't have an extra pair in your locker?" Todoroki inquires, noticing the puddle that had formed underneath my desk.

"Nope. I haven't had time to buy new shoes. I'll clean this up later don't worry." I say, feeling extremely guilty that he has to sit next to my desk.

"It's different when they broadcast the matches on TV after all, huh? So many people talked to me on the way here!" Mina exclaims.

"Yeah, me too!" Kirishima chimes in.

"People were staring at me, too. It was kind of embarrassing!" Hagekure squeals.

"Isn't that normal for you, Hagekure?" Ojiro asks.

"I had some elementary schoolers suddenly tell me, 'don't worry about it'." Sero sighs.

"After just one day, we've suddenly been thrust into the spotlight, huh? UA really is amazing!" Kaminari beams.

"Morning." Aizawa greets, entering the class ten minutes late.

"Mr. Aizawa, your bandages are gone." Tsu points out. "I'm glad."

"That old lady went overboard with her treatment. More importantly, we're having a special hero informatics class today. Code names. You'll be coming up with hero names. This is related to the pro hero draft picks I mentioned the other day. The drafts begin in earnest in the second and third years, after students have gained experience and can become immediate assets to pros. In other words, for them to extend offers to first years like you shows that they are interested in your future potential. These offers are often cancelled if that interest dies down by graduation." Aizawa explains.

"So we'll have to prove ourselves once we get picked, huh?" Hagekure says.

"Yep. And here are the totals for those with offers." Aizawa says, displaying the scores on the board. "In other years, it's been more spread out, but all eyes were on these two this year."

"Gah, there's such a big difference!" Kaminari cries.

"Todorokis first, and Bakugous second...?" Jiro said.