𝟏

< 𝐌𝐘 𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐌𝐈𝐘𝐀𝐊𝐎 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐀𝐌𝐈 >
"who knew high school was this hard"

I STOOD in front of the enormous school gates, staring at the shiny gold letters that spelt U

I STOOD in front of the enormous school gates, staring at the shiny gold letters that spelt U.A. Holy crap I'm actually doing this. You've encountered much worse, this is nothing.

"You okay?"

I jumped at the sudden hand placed on my shoulder. This was the first time I had forgotten to stay alert. I never let anyone get close yet the sight of a high school frightened me so much I let my guard down.

"Oh! Hero course Class 1A! That's me as well! What perfect timing!" She exclaimed. Only when she let go did i take in her appearance. How peculiar. I never would've thought to seen someone with such bright pink skin. "I'm Mina Ashido. You are?"

I am?

"My name is Il-" Right. I have a real name now. "Miyako. Miyako Takami."

"Cute! Hey lookie here! Mina and Miyako. Both M's! Must be fate that we meant."

"Lets head to class. Wouldn't want to be late on our first day of High school!"

Before I knew it, I was letting this pink stranger drag me inside. What's weird was, I couldn't sense a single drop of malice from her. Could someone really be this nice to someone for no reason?

On our way to class, a red headed guy approached us- well her, and I ended up walking to homeroom alone. Not that I minded. They seemed like old peers and I wouldn't want to disturb their reunion.

When I arrived, most of the students had already arrived. The only seats left were the ones near the teachers desk or the one near the corner. Any sane person would choose the back desk.

I dropped my bag next to the desk and took out my headphones. There were still ten minutes till class started. I didn't plan on exchanging quirk info with my peers or sharing fun facts about myself. Why would my favourite food, animal, etcetera be important to anyone. Wasn't like I was going to talk fo any of these people outside of hero work.

As I was shuffling through my playlist, I recognized a familiar voice shouting from across the room.

"Miyako! Come over here!"

I think her name was Mina, right. Retaining names is one of the earliest skills the commission teaches us. You can't be a good hero or assassin if you don't know who you're saving or assassinating.

"Mi-ya-ko." Mina repeated. I felt her rip the headphones of my head, holding it high so I wouldn't be able to reach it. Confused was an understatement. What was she even doing all the way back here.

"How loud is your music, geez. I called you like five times." She huffed.

She did? Right. I'm Miyako.