Chapter Seven

The echoing from inside the shelter's main floor was slowly becoming less noticeable, as the group continued moving in various items of furniture. A few chairs were placed beside fake houseplants in the lobby, along with a freshly dry cleaned rug to cover the floor. There were a few donated frames of old paintings hung here and there on the walls, even over in the lounge room.

Some sofas had been brought over, and placed in the lounge. As did some bookshelves, which had yet to be filled. Maybe along with any donations of books, some board games could also be placed too.

The work of furbishing and setting everything in order was made thankfully light, with everyone who had arrived to help. And as for Helpy, the little bear had a clipboard and pen in paw—making sure to note what all had been brought over that day, from where, and where it was put in the shelter.

The small bear was writing down something more as Papyrus and Gus carried in their second trip of stacked folding chairs for the dining room's folding tables. They would do for now, since it wasn't as though the room needed to be fancy and accommodating for a large crowd. Things were going to start off small, of course.

"Yes, just place them along the wall with the rest of the chairs," Toriel said to the two as they passed her by again. "We will set those up later on." Gus and Papyrus nodded, and continued off into the other room.

Glancing to her shoulder, where sat Helpy scribbling away, Toriel hummed. "May I see your list, so far, please?" The small bear paused, looking at her. He then nodded, and handed over the clipboard. Toriel skimmed it over initially, though read it more closely upon seeing how detailed and organized the list was.

"Oh!" Toriel quietly exclaimed. "My, you certainly do know how to keep organized. That is indeed quite helpful," She said to him, handing the clipboard back. "Which, I suppose, is why Sophie gave you such a nickname." Helpy shrugged, hiding his face a little behind the clipboard with slight embarrassment.

Helpy then noticed how Toriel seemed to be thinking of something for a moment. He gave her a curious look. "I am curious of something... Would it be alright if I see your SOUL for just a moment?" The small bear blinked, confused. He shrugged, as if to say 'yes' to the request.

Toriel held her hand up towards Helpy—a glow emitting from her palm. Next thing he knew, Helpy watched as she summoned what he assumed was his SOUL. A glowing, white heart outlined with a violet tint. It looked normal sized to him, but in Toriel's palm, it seemed very small. Toriel smiled, nodded, then returned the SOUL where it belonged. "Ah, of course."

She noticed the still puzzled look Helpy was sporting. "You saw the purple hue your SOUL has, yes?" Toriel asked him. The bear nodded. "The purple is your SOUL trait, in this case being the trait of 'trust'." She explained. "I certainly would expect such a trait coming from an Anthro like yourself, Helpy." A bright smile found its way onto Helpy's face.

"There's more plants, Mom!" Frisk suddenly called. She had returned from the flatbed in the parking lot with another fake plant in hand, while Bon Bon sat on her shoulder holding a second, smaller plant. Toriel turned to see the two of them. "Goodness, I hadn't realized we had gotten this many plants...!"

"Where do we put 'em, Toriel?" Bon Bon asked. "Er, I am unsure... See if there isn't places for them in the lounge, perhaps." Toriel suggested, waving them off. "Will do, Mom!" Frisk replied, before promptly heading past her and to the lounge. Toriel chuckled, shaking her head a little. While Helpy simply noted down the additional two plants on the list.

───────◇───────

Sophie handed over the paperwork to her boss, for him to file away, as he'd requested. Even though being and inside woman for the Anthros by working for Fazbear Entertainment was her only motive to keeping with this job, Sophie still had days she wished she didn't have to work here. And being at work while her friends were getting to do the more enjoyable task of moving furniture in to the shelter, was certainly one of those days.