"The song came out well, in our opinion," another production team member added with a wistful smile. They also knew the director's concept wasn't good.

"B told me that fans were upset from our lack of content," I remembered. "The reality show hasn't aired yet, and we aren't allowed to post on our official SNS. If the song ends up bad, we'll fail."

The mood of the other members was also ambiguous when the meeting was over.

"...Shall we do our best?" Chungwoo hyung said first.

Everyone began talking about the work we needed to complete, knowing that we wouldn't sleep. But they were used to that from Idol Inc.

"Let's get a studio!"

"Wait, guys!" the manager said, taking out his phone. He called the reality show crew quickly. Something about cameras.

So then we were sent to a studio in the basement of a building near the company. The agency didn't have any studios or practice rooms yet. There were cameras installed inside.

"Let's choose between track 2 and 7 now," Chungwoo hyung said.

The result of the voting was 5:3. Number 2 won.

"The tempo makes it easier to listen to. It's like a faint youthful feeling? It would go well with a school concept."

"Since the company's song is disco, we should choose something more relaxing."

Ryu Chungwoo, Keun Sejin, Seon Ahyun, Lee Sejin, and Cha Eugene chose it.

Moondae hyung's jaw tightened slightly as he was lost in thought. He looked like he wanted to say more but didn't do it in the end.

The others began discussing track 2. And then we went to our apartment to eat dinner. But the mood wasn't good with food either.

"Oh god."

"Ah..."

The members were muttering like this around the table.

"If this article is right...our activities will overlap with VTIC sunbae-nims, right?" Keun Sejin hyung murmured.

I finished my food, vaguely understanding what was wrong. We were set to debut around June. VTIC was probably making a comeback then.

"...I can get their autographs." he continued with a crinkled smile. The others laughed bitterly.

A notification pinged my phone.

Dear Deer: Did you see the article posted?

Cho Seungmin: I don't follow any accounts

Cho Seungmin: But the other members saw

Dear Deer: Right. Well, you might have to give up first place on your first broadcast. VTIC is way too popular

Dear Deer: Your director is just the nephew of the Tnet CEO. He won't be able to help with this. I can't believe you were put in such a terrible agency...

I glanced up momentarily from my phone at Moondae hyung. He was in deep thought again. It was a look I was used to seeing at Idol Inc.

Cho Seungmin: It's okay

I shut off my phone before B could spam me messages.

"...Guys," Moondae hyung spoke up hesitantly, "I'm sorry for bringing this up when the agreement is already over, but no matter how much I think about it, I want to push for number 7."

Everyone immediately responded.

"W-why?"

"Oh, it's the first time I've seen Moondae do this. Are you invigorated after seeing VTIC's comeback schedule?"

"I guess you really liked demo track 7."

"Um, Moondae, I know it's a shame, but it's hard to reverse what's already been concluded. It was decided with majority vote, and we don't have much time," Chungwoo hyung tried to say.

I tapped the fork on the plate.

"Moondae hyung doesn't say anything he doesn't believe in. And he hasn't made a concept that failed," I smiled.

Chungwoo hyung closed his mouth.

"...Give me five minutes. I'd like to try to persuade you," Moondae hyung said, nodding slightly in my direction.

"W-woah."

"Moondae wants to go this far?"

"So weird!"

The members made another fuss.

"First of all," Moondae hyung continued, ignoring their comments, "Keun Sejin and Chungwoo hyung, you guys chose number 2 because of the concept, right?"

The two nodded obediently.

"If we exclude the concept and compare the songs objectively, would you say number 7 is okay?"

"I like number 7 a bit more, but that's not enough," Keun Sejin answered.

"Because it doesn't go well with the company's title track?"

"Right."

"Then why don't we change the company's song?"

At Moondae hyung's words, the dinner table became noisy again.

"Wait a minute." The leader took control. "Moondae, even if we leave out the company's song, number 7 doesn't fit the concept of school and youth very well. It's a deep house song that's only somewhat dreamy because of the kalimba in the melody. If you remove any part to fit the concept better, the charm of the song will disappear."

Next to me, Raebin agreed sullenly, even though he chose track 7.

Moondae hyung shook his head.

"We can make that concept come alive without getting rid of it."