They way her fists clenched in anxiousness was enough for them to know this wouldn't end well.

•••

"Back to your seat." Couch shouted at a student, tapping Austin's shoulder as he passed by him.

Isaac looked over at Boyd, "Stop thinking about it, man."

"Like, you're not thinking about it too?"

"Well, stop thinking about it."

Boyd shook his head, "I can't."

"Well, there's nothing you can do about it either."

"You sure about that?" Boyd said, narrowing his eyes at the twin sitting not too far away from him.

Austin sat up in his seat at the sound of Boyd's heavy breathing. His eyes widened a bit when he saw the teens claws digging into the bus seat.

He could hear Scott and Stiles behind him, the two having been studying for an upcoming test he had no clue about.

"Yo, Scotty. Hey, yo, Scotty? Still with me?"

"Yeah, sorry." The McCall blinked harshly, "Uh, what's the word?"

"Anachronism." Stiles reminded him.

"Something that exists out of its normal time."

"Nice. Okay, next word... "incongruous."

Scott winced, "Um, can you use it in a sentence?"

"Yes. Yes, I can—"

"It's completely incongruous that we're sitting on a bus right now, on our way to some stupid cross-country meet after what just happened... incongruous." Austin cut in, eyes not leaning his phone as he sent another text to Ryder.

"Out of place, ridiculous, absurd." Scott answered, earning a nod from Stiles.

"Perfect. Okay, next word. Um, Darach. Darach, it's a noun." The Stilinski groaned lowly at the expression on Scott's face, "We have to talk about it sometime, okay? And we're gonna be stuck in this thing for, like, five hours, so why not? Next word...Intransigent."

"Stubborn, obstinate."

"Which is what you're being since you won't talk about the Darach."

"Thank you." Stiles gestured to the George teen.

They not sat up as a bump in the road had Scott huffing in pain while holding his stomach.

"Oh, buddy, you okay? We shouldn't have come. I knew it. We shouldn't have come."

"I agree."

"We had to. There's safety in numbers." Scott told them, eyes closed as he laid his head against the window.

"Yeah, well, there's also death in numbers, okay? It's called a massacre... or bloodbath, carnage, slaughter, butchery—"

"Genocide, extermination, a mow down." Austin listed on.

"Wow, that's...all right, Scott, I'm telling coach that—"

"No. No, no, no. I'm all right."

Austin sat up on his knees so he could see over the seat blocking them, "Well, you don't look all right."

"Would you just let us see it?"

"I'm okay."

"Just let me see it, okay?"

"Okay." Scott sighed, giving in and lifting his shirt.

"Ew." Austin scrunched his face up, looking away, his blue eyes looking towards the window behind them.