"How so?"

Conrad shrugs, "Being around Laur makes me feel safe, just like my mom did. She's such a comforting presence, but it also makes me ache for my mom. It's a weird sensation."

"I can't even imagine, but I'm also so glad my mom is a comfort to you."

"She always has been," Conrad says softly.

Belly chuckles as their food gets delivered. They both dig in quickly. Halfway through the meal, Belly is eyeing Conrad's food, it looks so good, maybe even better than her tacos. Conrad catches her watching and chuckles. He picks up the plate and hands it over to her. He grabs her plate in the process and sets it down in front of him, digging in without a word.

"You didn't need to do that," Belly mutters.

Conrad shrugs, "I don't mind sharing with you."

Belly smiles and takes a bite of his burrito bowl. "This is so good."

Conrad grins happily. He always did do everything in his power to make sure she was happy.

After dinner, they walk through town and stop to get ice cream. Conrad gets coffee flavored, Belly gets cookies & cream. She ends up eating most of Conrad's.

They sit in his car for a while outside her house, talking and giggling like teenagers again.

He even walks her to the door. Before he can kiss her goodnight, Belly says quietly, "Come inside?"

Conrad raises his eyebrows, "Laurel is here."

Belly laughs, "Not for sex, Con. I have something to show you."

They tip toe up the stairs and into Belly's room. She shuts the door as quietly as possible. Conrad stands in the middle of her room awkwardly while Belly rummages through her closet. At the very back, is a box.

She carries it over the bed and sits down cross-legged on the bed, "Come sit with me."

Conrad takes off his shoes and flops down next to her. "What is this?"

"It's your box." Belly taps the side of the box, showcasing his name on the side, written in sharpie.

Conrad looks at her, surprised, "I have a box?"

"Of stuff from the first time we dated."

One of his old shirts is at the bottom, folded neatly. There's a ticket stub from the first movie he took her to, a sucker from when he finally came and professed his love to her on Halloween, a few pictures of them, the trophy from the volleyball tournament he helped her win.

Belly finds what she's looking for quickly. It's in a small canvas bag that she found because he never gave her the box. She hands him the bag.

Conrad looks up at her, his eyes full of delight, "You kept it?"

"How do you know what it is?"

"It's the infinity necklace, isn't it?"

Belly just nods, admiring the man sitting on her bed.

Conrad turns the bag over, and the necklace spills into his hand, "I can't believe you kept it."

Belly lifts her hand to his face and gently strokes his cheek, "Of course I kept it."

Conrad smiles at it, "Wow."

"Will you put it on me?" Belly asks timidly.

Conrad looks surprised again. "You want to wear it?"

"Yes."

"I want to buy you a new one, something nicer."

"This one is perfect, Con."

Conrad unclasps it and reaches towards her. The air in the room immediately changes, it becomes heavy and full of electricity. Belly feels like she can't breathe as he wraps it around her neck and fastens it. They don't move back apart. The air they're breathing becomes one.

"Bells," Conrad whispers, closing the gap between them slightly.

"What?" Belly asks.

Conrad answers by pressing his lips against hers. They haven't kissed in years. It feels new and exciting, but also rooted in their longstanding love for each other. Conrad pulls her closer to him, their bodies pressed up against each other.

Belly wraps her arms around him, smiling as their lips move together.

"I missed you," Conrad breathes, "I missed this,"

Belly nods, kissing him again, "Me too."

Belly walks Conrad out a little while later, he insists he doesn't want to lose Laurel's respect, despite them being adults now.

Belly can hardly stand to let him go though, somewhere deep down, she's afraid that it's too good to be true. That's how she felt growing up with Conrad, and even when they were dating the first time, she felt like she was always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Conrad smiles down at her now though, "I love you."

Belly exhales, half in relief, half in sheer excitement. After all this time, and all the ways they hurt each other, he's standing here telling her he loves her.

She stands on her tippy toes to be eye level with him. "I love you too, Conrad."

"My Isabel," He whispers against her lips so quietly she almost doesn't hear it.

Belly kisses him as deeply as she possibly can before they finally break apart. He holds onto her hand as he walks away, and then finally, when they're holding on by just their fingers, he lets go.

"Will you text me when you get home, please?" Belly asks, already retreating back up the sidewalk.

Conrad nods, "I will."

Belly bites her lip to contain her embarrassing smile. She watches him get in his car and pull away from her house, and she already misses him.

He does text her when he gets home. And then when she responds right away, he calls her.

They talk on the phone while they both get ready for bed. And she falls asleep talking to him. This is the most in love she's ever been, and she hopes it lasts forever.