bonus chapter 2

CONRAD
6 YEARS AGO

"Okay, be honest. How bad is it?"

Steven laughs and shakes his head, "It's not bad at all, man. It's awesome."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure. She's gonna love it, Con."

Conrad rubs his neck nervously, looking around the empty apartment. "Yeah, I hope so."

Steven glances at his phone, "I should go before she gets here. Let me know how it goes."

"Thanks man."

Conrad waits patiently for Belly to show up. His heart is racing so fast. Maybe he should have waited, and gotten her blessing first. But it's too late, he bought it and signed the papers yesterday. They officially own a condo. They saw the place together a few months ago, but Belly wasn't sure they should buy yet. Conrad took money out of his trust for a down payment and has been working on buying it ever since. He wants Belly to have everything she's ever wanted, including this condo. This is their first home together, Conrad wanted it to be perfect.

There's a knock on the door right on time. He takes a deep breath before opening it. Belly looks tired. Her new job at the ad agency is killing her. But she smiles when she sees him.

"Hi," She breathes. "What are we doing here?"

Conrad leans down, "Come on in,"

Belly sets her hand on his chest on her way in the door to kiss him softly.

"How was your day?" Conrad asks.

"Fine, glad it's over." Belly responds. "How was yours?"

"It was good." Conrad pulls her up the stairs and onto the landing. "Do you remember this place?"

"I remember seeing it a few months ago, why?"

"Do you remember how much we loved it?"

Belly narrows her eyes at him, "I do."

Conrad walks into the kitchen, "We talked about making dinners in this kitchen. Well, more me cooking and you watching because you're a terrible cook." Conrad winks, "I promised you blanket forts in the family room and early morning coffee in the bedroom. I feel like we pictured a life in this place together. And that's what I want to do for you. I want to create a life with you, Bells." Conrad grabs her hands, "And I want to do it here."

Belly looks up at him, "Conrad Fisher, what did you do?"

Conrad presses his forehead against hers, his heart beating in his chest. His love for her sometimes feels overwhelming, like it's going to make his heart explode. "I bought it."

Belly pulls away from him to get a better look at his face, "You did what?"

Conrad shrugs, "I want to give you everything. Starting with this place."

Belly looks around, Conrad watches her carefully. She doesn't say anything for a while, she just walks around quietly while Conrad follows her. Finally, after she's made her way upstairs and into the loft, she stops to look at him.