twenty-three

BELLY

Christmas comes and goes. They all celebrate at the beach house together — Conrad, Jeremiah, Matt, Henry, Steven, Shayla, Laurel & Adam. It's a nice Christmas.

Conrad gets a babysitter and takes Belly to a nice hotel for New Years. They have a wonderful night together.

They celebrate Henry's first birthday just after the New Year. They do this in Boston, with just family.

Conrad buys her diamond earrings and flowers for Valentine's Day. He takes her out for a nice dinner, and they make out like teenagers in the backseat of his car after.

Matt turns three in April, and they celebrate that.

The weather gets nicer. The seasons change. Belly's due date comes. They try to move through the day effortlessly but they can't.

Belly buries herself in the kids, and starting the Fisher Foundation. Conrad stays busy at work. And mainly, they don't talk about a 3rd baby.

Shayla and Steven announce her pregnancy the last week of May, and Belly cries. Out of happiness, and sadness. Shayla shows off her little bump in a swimsuit during their first weekend at the beach house.

"You look adorable, Shay." Belly says with a grin. And it's not even fake, she really is happy for them.

They've come up to the beach house for the kickoff of Summer. It's the first week of June, and the kids are wild with excitement.

Belly is sitting in the kitchen with her mom when her mom says, "I'm dating someone."

It's abrupt and it takes Belly a second to register what she said, "What?"

"He actually works with Steven. He's divorced and has a few adult kids. He's really great, I thought I might invite him up next weekend."

"Mom! That's great." Belly grins, "What's his name?"

"Frank, he's really kind. I think you'll like him."

"Like who?" Jeremiah comes in from outside carrying Henry on his shoulders.

"Mom has a boyfriend," Belly says softly.

"Alright Laur!" He high fives her.

"That's enough you two." Laurel scolds, her cheeks flush red.

Jeremiah and Belly both chuckle. Belly reaches up to save Henry from Jeremiah's shoulders but Henry squeals. "No mommy! I want Uncle Jer."

Belly throws her hands up, "Okay okay, jeez."

Henry looks very proud of himself for winning the argument. Jeremiah chuckles but tightens his grip on Henry.

Jeremiah has been around since the day of the miscarriage. Belly isn't sure why, but he hasn't gone back to LA. He lives with Adam full time now and usually works from the house or Conrad's office. He's made every effort in the world to get close to Matt and Henry. He eats dinner with Conrad, Belly and the boys twice a week when he can. The other nights he spends with Adam or Steven and Shayla.

"Jere, can you go ask Steven and Conrad to start on the corn? We need to get it on the grill." Laurel says, signaling to the boys on the deck. They're just sitting there drinking beer.