bonus chapter 1

Comincia dall'inizio

Conrad doesn't look at her. He just exhales slightly and squeezes her hand.

"Thank you again for coming to my graduation." Belly says quietly, not daring to look at him again. Everything is heightened now that they're holding hands.

"You're welcome. I'm proud of you," He says quietly.

They sit in silence the rest of the drive. It's comfortable, easy silence. Conrad lightly strokes her hand with his thumb. Belly's heart beats in her chest the entire way.

Conrad pulls into a parking spot outside the Mexican restaurant she picked out. He opens her door for her and they walk in holding hands. It's amazing how normal Belly feels. And despite everything they've been through, they made their way here.

After they order, Conrad smiles brightly at her, "You look beautiful, Bells."

Belly sets her chin on her hand, trying not to blush. "Thank you."

"You know, I'm still waiting to hear about this Benito guy." Conrad smirks.

Belly rolls her eyes, "I dated him for like a month, six months ago."

Conrad takes a sip of his water, "Hmm, sounds interesting."

"Are you jealous?" Belly says playfully.

Conrad looks at her seriously, "I thought I made that clear. I was jealous."

"Well it's a good thing I broke up with him then."

Conrad nods, "Yeah, a good thing."

"You haven't dated anyone?" Belly asks cautiously.

"No." Conrad clears his throat, "I, um," Conrad shuffles nervously, "I couldn't."

"Couldn't what?" Belly says softly.

"I couldn't be with anyone else, Belly."

Belly leans forward to grab his hand, "Con,"

"You don't have to say anything,"

Belly cocks her head at Conrad, "I know I don't have to. But I'm going to anyway."

Conrad nods with a little smile, "Go ahead."

"I dated Benito to take my mind off of you. From the day you left me at my own wedding, telling me that you were going to let me go, I was devastated. And trust me, he was nothing compared to you."

"I missed you, Belly. Being apart from you these last few years has almost killed me."

Belly smiles softly, "We're going to do this right this time, right?"

"I promise." Conrad reaches for her hand and slides his fingers in between hers.

"So what did you and my mom talk about before we left?"

Conrad smirks, "It might not be any of your business, Isabel."

"Isabel?" Belly questions lightly.

"I just told her it was good to see her, like it always is. She is somehow the best and worst reminder of my mom." Conrad answers.