CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT

After much thought, series after series of mind-bending thoughts, he realized his uncle really was right about him being independent of his parents.

All his life, he's never done anything he wanted, ever since he's a little boy. His parents always had the final say even when it comes to the type of cloth he wears, the phone he uses, sometimes even the food he eats.

And he's so used to living that way that he fears the thought of ever going against them. He always seeks their opinion on every major issue in his life even though he didn't share a close bond with either of them. But even if he didn't and they found out, they'd always spit at his decision and force him to change or find every fault in it.

After much thought did he realize that he's only beginning to become headstrong and it's only when it came to Yasmin but the problem was that, she's always at the receiving end of his resoluteness.

So now how does he change course from this road his parents were leading him on to one where he has full control of the direction he takes?

It can never be an abrupt change but should be a gradual process.

* * *

Khalifah watched as Tasneem took pictures of the food and shared it on her IG page.

He took her out on a date, they went shopping, played games and stopped by an expensive restaurant to grab a meal. He made sure to spoil her, cos that'd be the last.

"Pose for the camera." She said, turning the screen towards him and he sighed, picked up his spoon.

"Let's eat." He muttered, digging in.

She took a selfie with him nonetheless and he sighed again.

After posting and replying to her neverending comments, she took her spoon, still swiping on her phone as she dug into the food.

After eating, he folded his hands and watched as she ate and operated her phone, her attention majorly on the screen.

He had planned it out; how to break up with her, and even memorized his words. But at that moment, he wasn't really up for long speeches and lies just to make her reason with him. He didn't like her, he never did, and she never tried to make him like her.

"Let's end this relationship." He blurted, audible enough for her to hear and sure that she understood it.

She paused in scooping the pasta and moved her gaze to him. "What?"

"Let's end this relationship."

The shock on her face said it that she wasn't expecting that. But he believed she wasn't stupid enough to think he's in love with her, or that he really wanted to be with her. In short, she herself wasn't truly in love with him, that he's sure as eggs of.

Maybe she liked him, but the reason she's been obsessed with him was just to get his attention. Being with her, he learnt that she's a lady who loves attention and he not giving it to her was what drove her crazy. All he knows is Tasneem isn't in love with him, if she thinks she is then they have completely different definitions of what love means.

"What the... why?!"

"We're at a public place_"

"And is that why you're trying to humiliate me?"

"Don't tell me you didn't see this coming."

"Khalifah you asked me to be your girlfriend."

"And I don't want you to be anymore."