CHAPTER SIX

*SIX*

_Doll like eyes, soft petite nose, heart-shaped lips and baby-smooth pearly skin. She smiled radiantly, exposing her perfectly aligned teeth and her left cheek dipped revealing a one-sided dimple. The moon reflected in her eyes giving her a more breathtakingly angelic look and he could only stare, entranced in her beauty._

_"Ya Khalifah," She called, her giggles ringing through his ear canal._

_His heart thudded, making his joints weak and he stretched out his hand to her but she ran off, laughing in a velvety voice._

_"Yasmin..."_

He gasped, his eyes shooting open. Yasmin?

He sat up, turned on the table lamp and ran his fingers through his hair. He checked the time and it's some lazy minutes to six a.m. so he headed to the bathroom to get ready for prayer.

The sun rose pretty quickly but Khalifah was still confused as to why he had such a disturbing dream. Why dream about Yasmin? Why in that manner? Is she that... No no no, enough. Pull yourself together.

After preparing for work, he headed down for breakfast since he normally eats at the table wherever he's going to work early.

"Good morning," He greeted as he pulled a seat but nobody answered him, well except his little brothers who were in their school uniform.

He cocked his brow, remembering what happened the night before. How long will this one last? He grabbed a plate, dished some waffles and oat in a bowl.

As he ate he wondered where Yasmin was and the harder he tried to block off the thought, the higher the urge to check on her became.

After eating, he made for the kitchen in pretence to wash his hands but actually just to check on her.

"Good morning." She quickly sprang up to her feet, closing the book she's reading on the floor.

"Morning, slept well?" He turned on the tap, eyes on her.

She nodded.

"Have you eaten?"

"N-no, not yet." She answered, keeping the fact that she's only allowed to eat left-overs to herself.

"Well do, your face is less swollen than yesterday. I'll see you when I'm back."

She stared at him, not knowing if she's supposed to respond to that.

He chuckled, not realizing that he's finding her reaction cute. "Take care." And he headed for work, thankfully without drama.

But perhaps... it's just a calm before the storm.

* * *

Three days later and there's still no drama, his mother wasn't hostile towards Yasmin but she's still giving him the cold shoulder.

He always sneaks out at night to have a chat with Yasmin on the pretext of having a cup of tea and that pretty much made his days better.

He wasn't paying much attention to the feelings he had towards her cos as far as he was concerned, he's only being nice to a lonely cousin.

He's in his office that Friday playing a game on his system and wondering if he should get something for Yasmin when going back home.

Or perhaps he should just take her out again... but how?!

There's a knock on the door and he let in his father's secretary.

"Good afternoon Sir." He greeted, standing across the table.