THE OTHER BROTHER

Start from the beginning

Sitting on the couch trying to not to think hard. Maybe if she just went to visit her son in jail. Now that will keep things off her mind. But he made it clear that he doesn't want to see him there. The only communication they have is through phonecalls. That is not enough. She wants to hold her son. Make sure that he is fine. He may be a bad boy, but she still loves him more than anything.
She flips through the channels buy nothing make sense. Only God knows of her life. Her phone rings. A wide smile stretches on her face. This is exactly what she wants.
"Mfana wami." She is estatic.
"Ma. Have you seen Mkhuseli. I want to give him something important."
She keeps quite fora minute. "I've been trying his phone he is not picking up."
"Mkhuleko, I have better and important thing's to deal with other thn your brother!"
She cannot believe that her jailed son call to ask her about this hypocrite. She hears him sigh and drops the phone. He will call back when he is ready to have and adult conversation.

MKHUSELI

Baba Omncane has been behaving strangely lately. But what excites me the most is him agreeing to be on board with me. The date ha been set an he is willing to make me a mn amongst men. I'm just heartbroken that he is leaving.
"I am so proud of you. I know ny brother would be proud too. You have become a strongest man. Your brother needs cleansing. No sane man goes around doing what he does. Crime is a huge huge offence in this country." He says.
"I agree with you. I hope he has learnt his lesson."
I hope he has. But my main worry is him coming out of jail and going after what's his. That is why he is planning on marrying Khanyi before anything else. He so wishes that everything could be done in one month!
"I should get going before my wife makes me sleep with the chickens." He says standing up. I laugh out loud. I remember how she made us sleep in that hut when we came back late home. Including this man here.
"Remember the day?" We look at each other and both laugh. Things we did back then make me miss my brother.
"Are you okay?" He asks noticing my sudden change of expression. I Sigh. I'm just being selfish.
"I miss my brother."
And I share what I feel. Thi whole thing ha affected me. My phone pings. It's a text from Khanyi. Ow great she is going home. I don't want her waiting for me.
"And that smile?" He asks.
"The woman of my dreams just sent me a text. She is in her way back." I grin. If anyone told me how it feels to be loved. I swear I would have searched for this woman a long time ago.
"Alright then. We will arrange everything with the family."
That is all I want. I trust him to do the things for me.

Arriving at home I find her cleaning. She's always busy. I hug her from behind and kiss her neck.
"You said you will be back tomorrow." I say turning her around to face me.
"I know. Change of plans. I wanted to be here."
"Why do I get a feeling that you love me more than you love yourself?"
She smiles wrapping her arms around my neck.
"Will that be a bad thing?" She asks. Obviously not! MaZet was okay but I never really loved her. But with this woman right here. I am all pleased.
"For loving me above and beyond? Not at all." I peck on her lips. I find myself shivering. I have to tell her. She scans my face and stares at me.
"Out with it." This one knows me better than anyone. Why the hell is she making me this weak. The
I firmly hold her waist and pull her close to me.
"I will be sending my people some time around next week." I tell her. I see the shock on her face. Her eyes piled up with tears. She doesn't say anything but rather pulls me towards her. Just like that she rests her head on my chest.
"Are you okay?" I am concerned. I don't want putting pressure on her. I wouldn't want her to do something that she doesn't want.
"I'm just shocked."
She takes a deep breath and let's go of me.
"You not liking tge idea?"
She shakes her head no. "Marriage is a very big step. It means me and you till the end. It's a life time commitment. Are you ready for that?"
I smile.
"The first day i laid my eyes on you, is the day I got and became ready. You made me see life in a better state. You make me feel foreign feels I've never delt before. The love you show me cannot be compared to any other. My life became meaningful when you became part of ny life. So, yes I am damn ready to be with you for the rest of my life."
Her innocent smile just makes my heart melt. She a heaven Saint.

_

This is now or never. I am standing outside prison anticipating with my thoughts whether to steo in or not. I want to do this but afraid I am. What will my brother take me for? I steo inside. Everything about this place is just cold. Last time I was here was when he was arrested. But he told me to stop coming to see him. In which I did not. I continued to see him until close to the release dat. I am being told to wait and he is being fetched from his cell. The more I wait for him the more I don't know what to do with myself. I compose myself but failing. He comes along the passage. I feel my heart stop beating for a second. He has more tattoo's covering his neck. I stand up nit knowing what to say.
"Why are you here?" He asks sitting on the chair opposite me.
"To see you, to see my brother." I out the brave face on.
"I wanted you yesterday."
"But you never called me." I say.
"I call your mother." I take a deel tired breath. He doesn't know.
"I decided to officially cut her off my life. What's the point of trying to be loved my a woman who wants nothing to do with you."
"You fought?"
"We always fight. I'm just tired and drained by everything. It's not only her that went through shit. I also went through pain but she never asked me how I'm coping. It's like I don't exist in his vocabulary."
"If that's the case then do what makes you happy. Be around people that make you happy."
I happy he said that. I felt guilty to doing what I did. But God knows I can't let go of Khanyi. My heart admires her te most. Spending time with Mkhuleko made me realise that I don't need to grovel around people tht never care about me. It's time I do me.
"It was nice spending time with you." I say standing up. My day has been a bliss because of him. He also stands up and smiles.
"Don't make this a habit. I'm not your venting machine."
The brother i have though. The smile vanishes on his face.
"Take care of her. She's very fragile. I failed to love her - I believe you will do a good job." He turns to leave, leaving me standing.  Now I am more than certain that he knows everything. Just when I thought the man knew nothing. He decides to drop a bomshell on me!