detention...again

Start from the beginning

•••

"Hey, get out of the way. Get back. Get this area cordoned off before they trample every piece of evidence." Sheriff Stilinski said, gently ushering students away from the body.

"Back up! Everyone back!"

"Get these kids out of here!"

"Dad, just come here. Look, look. Look at it. It's the same as the others, you see?" Stiles tried

"Yeah, I see that. Do me a favor. Go back to school, yeah?" He brushed him off, "Coach, can you give us a hand here?"

"You heard the man. Nothing to see here. Probably just some homeless kid."

"Oh, wow." Austin muttered.

"Coach." Scott called out.

"Yeah?"

Scott raised his brows, "He was a senior."

"Oh." The man sighed, "He wasn't on the team, was he? Doesn't matter, we have Austin now."

"Jesus, Bobby." Austin looked at his moms boyfriend in disbelief.

Another scream was heard, "Kyle! Oh, God, Kyle! Oh, God!"

"Go on. Go. Go."

The four boys walked away, conflicted looks as they thought over what just happened.

"God, I feel horrible for his parents." Austin frowned.

He couldn't bare the thought of having to hear or see his mother break down like that again. All the more reason for him to either keep her completely oblivious to the supernatural world, or just put it all aside so he wouldn't possibly get hurt.

"You see the way the twins looked at him?" Isaac spoke up after a moment of silence.

Stiles nodded, "Yeah, you mean like they had no idea what happened?"

"No, no, they knew."

"The kid was strangled with a garrote, all right? Am I the only one recognizing the lack of "werewolfitude" in these murders?" Stiles exaggerated with his hands.

"Oh, you think it's a coincidence they turn up and then people start dying?"

"Well, no, but I still don't think it's them." Stiles shrugged, turning to the two quiet teens, "Austin? Scott?"

"How 'bout you?" Isaac finished.

"Uh...I think you're both right, in a way, you know? I think they might be killing people, but I don't think they killed that guy." Austin said, honesty running through his veins like a river.

Stiles and Isaac nodded, looking at the McCall.

Scott looked down, "I don't know yet."

"You don't know yet?"

Scott raised his hands in defense, "Well, he's got a point. Seriously, dude, human sacrifices?"

"Scott, your eyes turn into yellow glow sticks, okay? Hair literally grows from your cheeks and then will immediately disappear, and if I were to stab you right now, it would just magically heal. Ryder can literally turn in a big ass wolf on command, but you're telling me that you're having trouble grasping human sacrifices?"

"That's a good point too." Scott sighed.

"I don't care." Isaac brushed them off, "They killed that kid, they killed the girl that saved me. I'm gonna kill them too."

They watch him walk away, fists clenched as he didn't bother to turn back to them.

"Jesus."

•••