"Sophia!" I exclaimed as I cupped her cheeks and turned her head a little bit so I could see her better.

William practically jumped out of his seat and threw himself at us.

Sophia furrowed her eyebrows and I sobbed in relief.

"Come on, baby," I cried out. "Open your eyes."

"Come on, Sunshine," William mumbled as he leaned in and kissed her temple.

Sophia shut her eyes tightly before she started opening them slowly. I caressed her cheek and tried to stop myself from sobbing.

"Hi, my baby," I said as she finally opened her eyes.

My heart was hammering in my chest. What would she do? What would she say?

She looked around a bit before her eyes finally met mine. I could tell that she was confused.

"Hi, baby," I said as I leaned in and placed a kiss on her forehead. "You are okay, Sophia. You are going to be okay."

I looked back down at her and saw her looking at William.

"Hi, Sunshine," he said as a tear fell on his cheek. "We missed you."

She furrowed her eyebrows a bit and looked back at me.

"He lied, Sophia," I told her. "We would never give you away. We will never give you away. That was a lie, baby. You are ours and we will never give you away again."

"Your brother is telling you the truth, Sunshine," William said as he ran his fingers through her hair. "Damien lied. What he said isn't true."

William cupped her cheek and made her look at him.

"I see you as my child, Sophia," he said, his voice quiet and raspy. "I see you as my daughter and I could never give you to someone else. Never, Sophia."

I saw a tear fall down her face. I wiped it away immediately.

"I love you, Sunshine," William said as a quiet sob broke through his lips. "I love you so much and I am so sorry I didn't tell you that before. I will say it every day from now on. I promise."

I pulled Sophia to my chest and kissed the top of her head.

"We all love you so much, baby," I told her. "Even Damien. He loves you a lot and he would never give you away. I promise, Sophia."

I couldn't see her face, but I could tell that she was crying. I could hear her quiet sobs. My heart broke.

"Oh, my little girl," I said as I started rocking her back and forth gently. "I am here. We are all here for you."

I kissed the top of her head again and wrapped her up in blankets even tighter.

"Are you cold, my baby?" I asked her. "Are you in pain?"

She didn't answer me. I needed her to answer me.

I lifted her head and made her look at me. The completely broken look in her eyes almost made me scream.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and tried to force myself to breathe.

"Are you cold, baby?" I asked.

She gave me a small nod.

William moved before I could tell him to get her another blanket.

"Okay, baby," I said. "Your brother will get you another blanket. Eli is making you some tea and some soup. It will warm you up as well."

I wiped the tears from her face.

"Are you in any pain?" I asked.

She nodded and my heart almost jumped out of my chest.

"What hurts, my baby?" I asked, trying to contain the panic in my voice.

"My head," she mumbled so quietly that I almost didn't hear her.

William just approached us with another blanket. I wrapped it up around her.

"Go tell Damien that her head hurts," I told him. "He needs to give her something for the pain."

William nodded and kissed Sophia's forehead before he left the room.

Sophia and I were now alone and I had to use this time to tell her something very important.

"I love you, Sophia," I said as I cupped her cheeks and made her look at me. "I love you and I can't lose you again. It almost destroyed me when I was a kid and I can't let it happen again. I am not going to lose you again."

Another tear fell on her cheek. I pulled her to my chest and hugged her tightly.

"I love you, baby," I repeated. "I love you the most in this world."