39. End of the Year

All of the children were transported back to Hogwarts. Madam Pomrey fused over all of them, but saved the worst for last.

She looked over everything wrong with Natalia, but there was no sign of spell damage, brain damage or anything. All she could do was repare the few cuts, scraps, and bruises she had. She also had a concussion, but it didn't have anything to do with her memories.

Remus crossed his arms, he was her acting guardian since Dumbledore wasn't there. "Is this permanent? What caused it?"

Madam Pomfrey sighed, "My best guess is that the veil– there's no way to avoid it, I read. Which means it's a miracle she's alive and– that might've been the price of her being alive right now, her memories."

Remus sighed, "so that's just it, everything's gone?" Madam Pomfrey shook her head again.

"She remembers her wand, magic, spells, but stuff like that is muscle memory and– she was asking about her brother, Nico. I didn't have the heart to tell her–"

"Tell her what?" Remus questioned and the Medi-witch gave him a look.

"In her file– she's delusional and thinks that her brother is still alive, living in America. Dumbledore says it was a traumatic event and she couldn't cope with it," Madam Pomfrey explains with a sad look and Remus sighs again, looking at the girl who was just smiling, making a book float in the air with her wand and a huge smile on her face. The others chatted amongst themselves, every once in a while glancing over at her.

All of a sudden, Sirius came out of the bathroom in a change of clothes and stopped next to Remus. He didn't know what to say. That she won't get her memories back because he has them?

"Hey, Remus?" Natalia asked and all of their eyes widened. "Is Sirius okay? Did– Did I save him?"

Remus smiled big and walked closer, "yeah, you did. What do you remember? Is your memory back?"

"I– I can remember ever since I got here, from coming to Grimuald place. I remember being in Italy too, but from about 9 to 14 is– it's gone. Most of 15 as well," Natalia sighed.

"You'll get it back," Sirius promised her. They looked at him. "One day, you'll get it back."

A few minutes later and there was a knock at the door, it was Dumbledore. "Harry, I think there's some people you'll want to see." Harry walked in slowly and sadly before looking up. He glanced at all of his friends before his entire world stopped. There they were, Natalia and Sirius.

"You're alive?" He questioned and Sirius nodded, opening his arms.

"And, guess what?" Sirius asked and Harry looked at him curiously. "Fudge came in here not long ago and pardoned me, I'm a free man!"

Harry's eyes widened and he brought him in for a huge hug, "so I can come live with you?"

Sirius looked at him sadly, he knew how much he wanted it– he wanted it too, but they couldn't– "not yet. I have to get a job and prove I can provide for you, but after this summer, I promise." Harry nodded, he was happy even if he had to wait longer. It was happening, it was finally happening.

"Are you going to give me a hug?" Natalia asked with a smirk and Harry ran over, hugging her too.

"So everyone's alright?" Harry asked and everyone went a little silent. "What?" He asked, his face dropping.

"Natalia lost a lot of her memories, but she's getting them back," Remus reassured him before he had time to panic. "She's just got a few years left, then she's good as new."

"Wait, really?" Ginny asked and Sirius and Remus nodded.

"YEAH!" Neville cheered and Hermione clapped with a large smile on her face.

~

There was only a few days left of term and Natalia was back in Dumbledore's office. "You want me to become a Death Eater?" She asked him and he nodded.

"You know him already, you already have his trust," he reasoned, it didn't matter about the ministry situation– she didn't know it was him so she then 'changed' her ways. Natalia shrugged. She was told to trust him so she did. She had no reason not to. Whatever he was doing was probably for the best.

"I'm in, so when do I start?" She questioned, leaning forward.

"After we collect Harry in the summer. You protect him, then you move in with the Zabini's. Technically, now that the Ministry is fully aware of you, they need a record you are cared for, so they are trusting you to your closest living relative," Dumbledore explained and Natalia nodded. She played around with her finger that had the reminisce of a ring.

"Most of my memories are back," She told him and he looked at her happily.

"That's good."

She sighed, "just something doesn't feel right. Why did I stay in America after my family died?"

"You didn't know you had any other living relatives, your uncle had already died and was in Italy, they had no way of tracing you back," Dumbledore told her and she believed him. Things were always changing in her head– everyone else's as well.

There was this force, messing with everyone, changing and flipping their memoires around to make everything fit. It was something that she had explained to Draco, that she herself didn't remember now.

It's all because of the person that brought her there.

Let's rewind a little.

Her prophecy was spoken after she was ripped from time. Why would that be unless that's what caused it? Why didn't Hecate send one of her own children? Or someone from this time?

What was the purpose?

Kronos.

Everytime a Hades kid used their powers, they gave more and more power to him. Of course, why wouldn't Natalia remember this? Same reason she doesn't remember the 2000s, Hecate didn't want her to.

How was Kronos able to get enough power to reach out to Luke? Because of Natalia. Because she unknowingly used her powers.

This was never about the Order vs Death Eaters, this was about Hecate helping Kronos. Now, all that's left is for what's more interesting, Voldemort winning or Dumbledore.

Thing is, Hecate has already made up her mind. She wants them to suffer. Why else would she send the most powerful person on their side to the Death Eaters? Why would she tell Dumbledore to make her a spy when she can just make her forget she was in the order in the first place? Because she wants the Order to feel betrayed, she wants Natalia to inflict damage on them.

It's just more fun that way.

One thing she didn't count on though– was Sirius finding that stupid ring, was Natalia caring enough to save him. She especially didn't count that Sirius now knew, he knew everything and he was going to save her.