Chapter 12

I woke up the next morning and started getting ready for school. I went downstairs to wait for Tyler. Mary made me some food and I ate by myself. Tyler finally came down, "Thank you for gracing us with your presence," I said sarcastically.

"But of course," he said playing along. We rode to schoool listening to the radio.

It was a pretty quiet, uneventful day. Soccer tryouts start tomorrow so I'm pretty psyched. I was captain at my old school, not to brag or anything. We went home and I went up to do homework.

*Knock Knock* "Come in"

Brandon walked in, "Can you help me?"

"With what?"

"Bella won't talk to me, could you talk to her for me?"

"Yeah, tomorrow at school."

"Thanks Ann."

"Sure thing Bran." He laughed and left my room.

My phone buzzed. 'Hey it's Devon.'

'Hey Devon(:'

'I was wondering if you'd go out with me this weekend??'

'Of course.'

'Movies at eight?'

'perf.' We stopped texting after that.

"Annie?"

"Come in."

"Can I ask," Kyle said, "What was it like?"

"What was what like?"

"losing everyone you've ever loved."

"It feels like you did something wrong, something to deserve it."

"How'd you overcome it?"

"I had you guys."

"What if that's not enough?"

I flipped my wrists up, "I tried cutting. But I ended up knocked out for a week."

"Whats it like to cut?"

"It's like well, you know how when your arm is asleep and you can't feel it?"

"yeah."

"its like you feel that but only that. Then you cut once and you feel it start tingling. You feel something."

"oh, sorry for the questions."

"It's good. Why all the questions?"

He looked away for a few, "Alexis, my girlfriend, she has cancer. It's terminal."

"I'm sorry."

"I think I love her."

"Tell her."

"I will. Thanks Ann."

"Anytime Ky."

I went back to doing my homework. After a little while someone else knocked on my door.

"Come in,"

"Hey Annie,"

"If you want to talk can it wait half an hour?"

"I just wanted to know if you wanted to play soccer with the rest of us."

"Sorry Caleb. And sure, love to. I'll be down in five." I changed into running shorts and a tank top. I put on my shoes and went to play.

At the end of the game my team won 6-4. "In your face suckas!!" I yelled.

"Good game Ann. Didn't know you could play like that."

"Thanks. Hey I'm going for a run." I yelled to no one in particular. I went for a run to the waterfall and hung out for a while. When I got tired I ran back home and took a shower. Then I crawled into bed and fell fast asleep.

------------------------------

Author's Note:

A bit of writers block on this chapter but I think its okay. Vote&comment&fan. means a lot.

--Alexx