Chapter 9: The Enchanted Forest

YN POV

YN POV

"Clay?" I asked, my voice tinged with shock and disbelief. "What're you doing in here? How did you know I live here?" I then gasped, "Have you been stalking me?!" I ask him exaggerated as I have been stalked by him.

Clay chuckled, "Stalking you? No, son, I promise you, I'm not in the habit of stalking anyone. You can relax." His lion-like eyes twinkled with amusement. He suggested we continue our conversation outside, I followed him out to the front lawn, the warm breeze rustling the leaves overhead with his impressive Harley Davidson parked.

"So, what brings you here, Clay?" I inquired, "Normally, I see you and Porsha being happy together, but the following day, it was her and that guy, a wolf. She doesn't seem happy at all," I noticed his gaze shifting to me as he leaned casually against his motorcycle. "What happened between you two?"

"Before we get into more of my mess, though, I have to ask - how did you even find my house?" I ask him, "I stalked you," He says plainly and I was shocked. "I'm just joking, Porsha told me where you live," He replied with a hearty laugh.

"I brought you a little something." He revealed a small guitar pendant, his name elegantly engraved on it. I took the pendant, a mix of surprise and gratitude washing over me. "Thank you, Clay. This is... really thoughtful."

I held the guitar pendant in my hand, and I put it on around my neck and he gave me a nod. Clay's pat on my shoulder was comforting, his demeanor fatherly. "Now, about you and Porsha," he prompted gently.

"Well, we had... well..." My words stumbled, my thoughts a jumble of feelings. "Take your time," he encouraged, I began recounting the story to Clay - the misunderstandings, the feelings, and the interference of Elias, the wolf. I shared the moments of connection and laughter, the turmoil of jealousy, and the pain of pushing Porsha away.

"So, that wolf is Elias, huh," Clay mused, his voice tinged with contemplation. He closed his eyes for a moment as if processing the information I had just shared. When he opened them again, his gaze was steady and intent.

"Do you want that?" he asked, his words cutting through the confusion. "Want what?" I responded, my brow furrowing in confusion. "Do you want Elias to be the one with Porsha?" Clay's question was simple and direct.

I hesitated my heart and mind in conflict. Did I want Elias to be the one with Porsha? No, I didn't. But my insecurities and doubts had led me down a path of self-sabotage, and I was left facing the consequences of my actions.

Clay's voice broke through my internal struggle, his tone a mixture of encouragement and wisdom. "Son, life's too short for regrets. If you care about her, if you want to be the one by her side, then make it known."

I looked at the pendant around my neck, feeling its weight against my chest. "Do you want to play a beautiful melody, YN? A melody that will be part of you and hers?" Clay asked, his voice soft but earnest. "Or do you want to let discord be the only note that lingers?"