Chapter 8: Could Have Been Me

YN POV

YN POV

We settled into her sprawling living room, We did nothing but sit in silence, feeling awkward. The memory of the unexpected and rather compromising situation in the washroom is still fresh in both our minds. Porsha's face was still flushed with embarrassment, and she covered her face with her hands as if trying to shield herself from the memory.

"I can't believe you had to see that," she muttered, her voice muffled by her palms. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat, feeling my face still red. "Yeah, I, uh... I really didn't mean to walk in on you like that. I thought you were helping the maids or something... not wearing those BDSM thingies"

Porsha let out a nervous chuckle, her fingers peeking out from between her fingers. "Well, I guess you could say I was helping myself with a bit of wardrobe experimentation." I couldn't help but smile at her attempt to lighten the mood. "Experimentation, huh? That's certainly one way to put it."

She finally lowered her hands, her eyes meeting mine, and we shared an awkward yet genuine laugh. "I guess this is one way to break the ice, right?" Porsha remarked, a playful glint in her eyes.

"Yeah, definitely not the conventional way," I replied, feeling a little relieved. I decided to look around her luxurious living room. The space is so big and I looked at each photo and they were abstract, some of her pictures, WITHOUT HER DAD. I mean, Her kid photos.

The towering bookshelves that adorned Porsha's living room caught my attention, and as I glanced at them, I anticipated a cloud of dust to erupt from their depths. However, to my surprise, the shelves were meticulously clean and well-maintained by the maids.

 I reached for one of the books on the shelf. My eyes widened as I read the title, "How to Date a Shy..." Before I could finish, Porsha swiftly snatched the book out of my hands, her face turning a shade of pink that matched the cover.

I gave her a puzzled look, my eyebrows raised in surprise. "What's the matter? Did I stumble upon your secret collection of dating advice books?" Porsha cleared her throat, her gaze averted. "N-No, it's not what you think. Those are just... uh, books I picked up out of curiosity."

I let out an amused "hmm" as I raised an eyebrow at her, a playful glint in my eyes. "Seems like you have an interesting taste in literature." Porsha let out a nervous chuckle, her fingers fidgeting with the book. "I promise, it's not what it looks like. I just... I enjoy exploring different topics."

I leaned back in my seat, feeling relaxed when I settled onto the couch. I shifted my weight, my hand brushed against something flat, and my gaze landed on a book. Without much thought, I absentmindedly picked it up and began to read the title aloud, "I Fell in Love with You..."