3.3 british grand prix

[short ish chapter to round up the london/silverstone trip for max/marcy. i cannot thank you guys enough for all the love you show this book and sour and all my hours of planning and writing makes me feel accomplished and i love you all for that. i'm so excited for you guys to read the next couple chapter of this novel hehe :D ]

●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・●

Max was driving back to Silverstone with Karlee in the back and Marcy in the passenger seat

Max was driving back to Silverstone with Karlee in the back and Marcy in the passenger seat. Marcy was sleeping, she looked exhausted. She was dressed in Max's sweater and leggings, something he rarely saw her wear, she looked so peaceful but he knew last night had taken a toll on her. Max had reached out to his lawyers to see if anything could be done and they were looking into it for him.

He would do anything to protect her, and right now it meant keeping her close and not letting anyone scare her the way they did last night. He had spent most of the night making sure she slept threw it and barely got any rest but it was the price he was willing to pay to keep her safe.

"Is she doing, okay?" Karlee asked once they were out on the highway. Max had made sure to keep the music low so Marcy could rest. Karlee looked tired but she seemed a lot more put together. 

"She'll be okay. It was a scary moment."

"People keep tagging me asking if she is okay, I don't want to be the one to post about it."

"Don't worry, I'll post a photo, so they know. I informed the boys that she is okay, and I think you texted the family group chat yeah?"

"I did. But Max, what happened?"

"I don't think it's my place to say anything, you got to let her tell you."

Karlee just hummed and turned her attention back to her phone. The drive was quiet, and Max checked on Marcy every time he could.

The drive was about an hour and a bit so sometime during the drive the three of them stopped to get some food and coffee after Marcy had woken up.

"You good?" Max asked her. It was just her and him with Karlee rushing to the bathroom.

"I'm okay amour," Marcy smiled at him. He had brought her a coffee and she had her feet up on the passenger seat and just sipping her coffee.

"Have you been online?"

"Not yet, I think I need a couple hours before."

"I get it. People want to know if you're okay, I was thinking I post a photo just so they know you're okay and then on your own time you can go online." Max was watching her, making sure she wouldn't shut down.

"I don't mind, I've spoken to Sara and Isobel about what happened, I sent them some texts, they said I should post about the live later. But for now, I just think I need to rest."