0.6 that's what fiance's do

[hello lovies, here's a double update, because I want to thank you all for bringing this book to #1 and #2 on two of my tags :) and for showing max and marcy so much love. please remember to read chapter 05 before you read this one as they were both posted in the same day. Cheers x Violet]

●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・●

Watching the race was interesting for Marcy, she hadn't been in the garage in such a long time that being able to watch Max race and hear everything through the headset they gave her was an experience of its own

Watching the race was interesting for Marcy, she hadn't been in the garage in such a long time that being able to watch Max race and hear everything through the headset they gave her was an experience of its own. Max wasn't having a good race, and she was concerned for him. Some point during the race Karlee headed over to Ferrari to watch the race with Arthur and Marcy was spotted on the garage came. She knew everyone would be talking about her being there with Max. The nerves of something like that was massive.

Each time Max came to the pits he was a lot more frustrated than the time before, Marcy wasn't sure how to be supportive at a time like this.

By lap 54 when Max had to pull into the pit lane and DNF, Marcy wanted to be there for him. Not for the media or for anyone but because Max had shown her more support in the past month than she had ever received, and she wanted to return the same favour. She watched Max get out of his car and for a moment she thought he was going to walk straight back to the motor home and not really pay attention to where she was, but he walked straight up to her instead. She took the headset off and put them on the chair behind her before moving up closer to Max.

"I'm sorry," she said.

He hadn't taken his helmet off yet, but he pulled her into a hug. And despite her body freezing up at first, she hugged him right back.

"I know you gave it your best; I know this must have been very disappointing but I'm proud of you for pushing till the very end." Marcy hoped her words would offer him some comfort.

Max didn't say anything when he pulled back from the hug but interlaced their fingers together. He slowly guided them out of the garage and towards the motor home. A camera following them the whole time.

She was very aware of all the watchful eyes, but she didn't say anything. They stopped outside the motor home, and he took off his helmet, balaclava, and earplugs. He then ruffled his hair and turned to face her. He looked all sweaty and warm, and his hair was dripping, something stirred deep within her belly. Those feelings of butterflies again.

"Is it okay if you hang out with me for a bit?" he asked.

"Of course," Marcy nodded. She interlaced their free hands together and followed him to his driver's room. There was another camera inside the motorhome following Max as he passed but stopped once he reached his room. He opened the door and the two of them walked in before he closed it behind them.

"I feel like a failure," Max said sitting down in the makeshift bed.

"But you're not."

"I just don't know if there was anything I could do to stop everything that went wrong."