Chapter 30

Gabi hair and outfit

Also the note

The note read:

"Hey birthday girl,

I hope you're reading this with a smile on your face. I wanted to start your day with a little surprise and some breakfast in bed. Today is all about you, and I've got something special planned that I think you'll love.

Follow the trail of petals and find your way to me. Don't worry about a thing-just enjoy the journey. I can't wait to see your reaction when you walk through that door.

Happy birthday, my love.

Yours always,
Ben"

I woke up to an empty space beside me, and a sense of curiosity filled me as I blinked away the remnants of sleep. Ben wasn't in bed, which was unusual. But then I noticed a tray of breakfast on the bedside table, accompanied by a note. I smiled as I read his messy handwriting, feeling a warmth spread through me. He had been up early, making sure I had a wonderful start to the day.

After savoring the breakfast he prepared, I got ready for the day ahead. There was a sense of anticipation in the air, a feeling that something special was about to happen. As Yasmin dropped me off at a cozy little cabin, confusion mixed with excitement filled my mind. What was Ben up to?

I stepped inside, and my breath caught at the sight of the flowers he had left behind. The cabin was adorned with blooms, and a trail of petals led me deeper inside. My heart raced as I followed the path, and then I saw him standing there, a smile on his face that could light up the entire room.

"Happy birthday," he greeted, his voice soft and filled with warmth.

I could hardly find words to respond as I took in the scene before me. This was so unexpected, so thoughtful, and my heart swelled with emotion. "Ben, what is all this?"

He stepped closer, his eyes never leaving mine. "I wanted to make this day special for you. Just you and me."

We shared a beautiful dinner, the atmosphere a mix of excitement and nerves. After we had eaten, he stood up, his gaze locked onto mine. I felt my heart pounding in my chest, my breath caught as he began to speak.

"Gabi," he said, his voice steady and sincere. "From the moment I met you, my life changed in ways I could never have imagined. You're my partner, my best friend, and the love of my life. You make every moment better, and I can't imagine spending my days without you by my side."

Tears pricked at the corners of my eyes as I listened to his heartfelt words. His love for me shone through every syllable, and I could feel the depth of his emotions.

"Today, on your birthday, I want to make a promise to you," he continued. "A promise that I'll cherish, support, and love you through all the highs and lows that life brings. Gabriella Saintpatrick, will you marry me?"

My heart felt like it was about to burst as he got down on one knee, holding out a ring that sparkled in the soft light. I couldn't believe this was happening-my dream proposal, the one I had described to him months ago, was coming true.

Tears streamed down my cheeks as I nodded, my voice catching in my throat. "Yes, Ben. Yes, a thousand times yes."

He slipped the ring onto my finger, and then his arms were around me, holding me close. Our lips met in a sweet, passionate kiss, sealing our promise to each other. It was a moment I had dreamed of, and here it was, unfolding before me in all its beauty and love.

As we pulled away, he whispered against my lips, "I love you, Gabi."

"I love you too, Ben," I replied, my heart overflowing with happiness.

And as we held each other, the weight of the moment sinking in, I knew that this was a memory that would stay with us forever-a day that marked the beginning of a new chapter, a new journey, and a love that would last a lifetime.