"Ah okay, can you take over a patient for me? The other nurses can handle the rest, just this guy is a bit of a special case," Epic gestured to a skeleton curled up in a corner with especially large clothing.

"Can I know what I'm dealing with? Violent? Escape artist?" Pluto stared at the skeleton a moment, hoping that this job would be better than the purgatory that was the desk.

"Oh no, he's been involuntarily regressed for years, he's not getting out of here anytime soon," Epic looked a little sad at that sentiment, Pluto didn't know how to feel, "Just be nice to him bruh, he's got self destructive tendencies and our therapy isn't helping him, his name is Asy."

"Yeah okay, I hope I can manage," Pluto was questioning if his own sentence.

"I'll go take our buddy out here to go chat, I'll come get you when I'm done bruh," Epic gave a nod before turning to go take Fresh away from the rest of the patients.

Pluto turned to Asy, managing a small smile for the man, "Hi, I'm Pluto. I hope you don't mind I'll be watching you until Epic gets back," Asy looked up, eyelights clouded, Pluto could tell almost immediately he was dissociating.

"H-Hi.." Asy's eyes focused, not on Pluto, but on something behind him, making expressions based on something Pluto couldn't hear, "Uh.. 'm Asy.."

"Nice to meet you Asy," the two fell into the silence, Pluto examining Asy's body language for a bit, recognizing quite a few different actions the guy made.

Asy was jittery, dressed in over-sized clothing, covered in cuts and bruises healing slowly, Pluto saw the scars on his wrists and visibly winced, other than that Asy appeared fine, he even  sported a slight smile briefly as he made very intense eye-contact with the wall right behind Pluto's head, which was kind of uncomfortable for Pluto but he remained in place, not wanting to upset the guy.

"Paps thinks you're cool," Asy suddenly blurted, turning to Pluto, who looked around confusedly for quite a moment before realizing.

"Paps is your imaginary friend or...?" Pluto asked and Asy looked like he was about to cry, Pluto panicked.

"Paps is real.." He let out a hiccuping sob, burying his head in his hands. Pluto didn't know if he was legally allowed to offer him a comforting hug, he didn't know if he was obligated to either.

"Paps is real. I'll take your word for it," Pluto tried to amend, turning to the door and back to Asy for a good ten seconds, hoping Epic would swoop in and help him undo the mistake he made.

"Oh Asy.." a voice spoke softly, Pluto turned to a skeleton with a guest badge and a bright red scarf, said skeleton walked to Asy and patted his head as he leaned onto the skeleton's chest, crying quietly.

Another skeleton stood nearby, someone that he could've sworn was the grim reaper. Dressed in all black flowing robes stood another skeleton with a guest badge, though this time the skeleton had wings.

"What's wrong Asy?" The second skeleton asked, hovering away from the group like they were scared to interact.

"P-paps is real..!" Asy muttered, sounding almost questioning of his words, Pluto wanted to curl inwards, this was for the most part his fault.

"Of course Paps is real Az, right Gen?" The dark robed skeleton referred to the red scarfed skeleton.

"Of course," the red scarfed skeleton, 'Gen' responded in less than a second, without hesitation.

Pluto thought briefly about how nice it would be for someone to treat him like that, though he supposed that was the job of a parent or friend, neither of which Pluto actually had. He did have Epic as his silly coworker though.