Thirteen - argument

The next day, Wooyoung happily walks into San's cell. He says hi, but San doesn't say it back. He sits at his desk, staring blankly at the wooden desk he's sitting at. He didn't bother to say hi back, or hug him tight, like he usually does. This made Wooyoung concerned and quite worried. He walked over, putting a hand in his shoulder, making San flinch a little and squint his eyes. But he still didn't speak.

Woo arched a brow.

"San? What's wrong? I'm worried. You usually hug me tight and say hi as soon as I walk in, what's happened? What's wrong?" Woo asked. He got no answer. No movement. Nothing.

He gulped dryly and took his hand off San's shoulder.

"San." He said a bit louder. No answer. He sighed loudly.

"Fine. Be like that." He sat as he sat on the hard uncomfortable bed and sneakily checked his phone notifications.

But San spoke.

"Why are you with Taehyung?"

He heard woo scoffed, making him quite irritated.

"I can be with who I want." Wooyoung said, rudely, but he (woo) didn't notice his rude tone.

"Yeah, but, you still hang around with that guy, even after I told you everything he did to me. Like, what the fuck? You were laughing and chatting with him yesterday, while he was obviously flirting. And you don't do anything?" San said angrily.

This made Wooyoung angry.

"Your so sensitive, I don't get your problem." Wooyoung said as he stood up.

"I guess I am sensitive. I don't know what's wrong with me." San said quietly.

"Yeah, what is wrong with you, I can be with who I want-"

San stood up angrily, turning to Wooyoung, with a frown and grit teeth, with fists into balls.

"HE ABUSED ME AND THE OTHER CELL MATES. Didn't I tell you? I'm your own boyfriend here and he abused me." San said.

Then it hit Wooyoung.

Why am I dating a fucking prisoner? Who killed people.. what the fuck is wrong with me? This is illegal and dangerous.

"San."

"What?"

Silence.

Wooyoung took a deep shaky breath.

"This is wrong."

"What? What is wrong?"

"This." Woo put his finger in between him and san "us."

"Us? W-what do you mean?" San asked nervously.

"How do you not get it? First of all, it's illegal. We can't date, we can't be like this. It's extremely dangerous for the both of us, mostly me. And your a fucking cell mate, we can't date. We should just remain as friends." Woo said, he saw how San slightly widened his eyes and gulped loudly.

"But- I- no. I don't want to just be friends I-I love you. So much." San said as he held woo's hands with tears in his eyes.

Wooyoung gulped, feeling his heart rip apart.

Do I love San? I do.. i have feelings, I know it, but.. this is such a hard decision.

"I— need time to think." Wooyoung said.

"Think about what?" San's voice cracked a little.

"I just.. I.. I don't know what to do. Yes, I love you too, I know for a fact I have feelings. But.. this. It- it won't work." Wooyoung said "and it hurts to see you. So.. I'll just quit my job-"