Prologue

Sanaya's POV:

"Don't touch me!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, yet no one dared to hear one word that came out of my mouth.

The smirk on his face told me everything and I could no longer face the truth that we were somehow connected.

I died the day I found out and all he ever did- why did I ever even listen to him in the first place. I should have never trusted him.

"You had a choice but since you chose this one, I don't have a choice other than separating your little lover." He laughed in my face and all I did was just stand there, crying.

"Why don't you just kill me?" I screamed as the pain shot through my heart and back.

"I'd never be able to do that, I mean then again, we can kill someone..." He trailed off as he turned to smirk at Syaan.

He was laying on the floor, pale. His eyes were closed as blood oozed out of his forehead. His body was lifeless. He lay there trying to pull me in with his gestures but it didn't seem to work as we were pulled apart.

No, Syaan. We can't give up so easily. We have to fight. I'm always going to be here for you. Please just get up. Please just let me know you're okay. Please.

"How could you stoop so low?" I screamed again as his men surrounded Syaan.

He just smirked at me and motioned his men. I stared in utter shock as one of them brought a knife up to my face. I quieted down as he made a circular motion around my face with the tip of the knife.

"Wake him." He ordered as one of the men shook Syaan.

I only had one chance and I couldn't waste it. I knew that I wouldn't be able to save Syaan, but all I could was to let the truth be unfolded before we both pass away.

We both had agreed to this and I wouldn't want to break the promise I had once vowed under the holy temple.

Syaan I need you. Please just get us out of this. Please.

The grip was loose on their hands. I slowly turned and did what was unexpected to all. I bit him.

He didn't let go so I bit deeper. I felt the blood ooze and a sudden urge to vomit came up. I ran as fast as I could as they all ran behind me.

The chase was getting intense as I got into the car and drove. My brain had stopped working but I knew that I had to reach the police station before it was too late.

The vow to die would have to be kept, but the only wish I had within was for me to die before him. I couldn't stand the pain of seeing him die before me.

I knew that once I revealed the truth, they'd kill Syaan. I was selfish for his life. For my life, but I had to speak the truth. I had to.

I blinked fast enough to stop the tears from flowing. It was probably the last day for us both to live but I knew that I had to complete my task before life was snatched away from me.

I turned to the left as the car made a screeching sound. I looked up to find a truck in front of me.

The last thing I saw before my eyes cheated me was... Syaan's fingers, trying to reach mine. I felt as if this was the end. The only regret I had was that the truth would never be told.

No. I can't just die. I have to tell the truth.

Was I so weak, that even when I died, I didn't have him in front of my eyes. His fingers was only a sign of how much he needed me but I gave up on him.

I gave up on our love. I gave up on our trust. I gave up on our faith. I gave up on truth...