Hyra's lips twitch up, which she controlled by bitting her lips.

Hayder once again sat in the corner, his arms crossed and a slightly impatient look on his face, waiting for the match to finish. Again.

As the game reached a tense moment, Hanif Mirza's phone began to ring, startling everyone. He reluctantly stop the game when saw Tabu was calling. A look of happiness crosses his face, as he talked to his daughter-in-law.

"Kaisa chal raha hai waha sab? Bohot dino baad call ki hai."

(How's everything going on there?)

Hyra nervously shifted in her place, her eyes darting between the tablet and Hanif Mirza, who looked like he has forgotten about the game.

"Kubra api bula rahi thi..." She tried to make excuse, hoping to escape the room unnoticed.

(Kubra api was calling me...)

However, just as she was about to tiptoe away, Hayder's strong hand clasped around her wrist, preventing her escape. She turned to him, her eyes wide with fear, but he didn't say a word. Instead, he gently tugged on her hand, guiding her out of the room.

•••

Hayder led Hyra into their bedroom, his face full of frustration. He closed the door behind them.

"Toh?" He turned to Hyra and asked. Hyra hesitated, avoiding his gaze.

(So?)

"Tumne blue sofa yaha kyu rakhwaya?"

(Why did you take the blue sofa here?)

"Main... mere sone ke liye." she stammered, her fingers nervously fiddling with the edge of her dupatta.

(For... for me to sleep.)

"Bed nahi hai yaha?" Hayder made his voice hard and asked, which made her flinch.

(You can sleep on the bed.)

"Fir aap kaha sote?" She manages to ask.

(Where would you have slept then?)

"Tum mein wakai mein kya itni aqal nahi hai ki..." Hayder stepped forward, and started saying,

(Are you really that dumb that you...)

Hyra close her eyes and stepped back in fear.

When Hayder saw Hyra's body trembling, he stopped. He didn't want her to faint again because of him.

"Baad mein baat karenge." He told her, and dash out of the room.

(We will talk about this later.)

Hyra, who's eyes were still closed, she opened one eye to look at the door and saw it open, then she opened both eyes and looked around the room, not believing that the room is indeed empty.

"Kya...itna asan tha?" She asked herself. Disbelief was still written on her face.

(Was it... really that easy?)

"Dheet bano, Hyra, dheet. Zyada se zyada samne wala kya kar lega? Daatega hi, sunn lo, aur khane ki tarah hajam karlo." Uswa's way of living. But Hyra never thought it was indeed that easy.

(Be stubborn, Hyra, stubborn. What can the person do? They'll scold you, listen, and digest it like food.)

Hyra was impressed by herself. She got the sofa, and Hayder didn't scold her.

Her face bloomed into a huge smile, but it quickly turned down when recalled that Hayder said he will talk to her later.

•••