bees

The sky was cloudy, the wind gentler than yesterday night. Falak was so immersed in starting her jewellery business she hadn't gotten to check her work emails. When she did, she was happy to find no messages from clients who's work she had forgotten to complete. Maybe she did have a bad memory after all. She hadn't taken any clients since a while now. She checked her spam folder too, just another email from someone who she had rejected working with.

She had thought long and hard about what she wanted her business to be. Even though she was doing this just for fun, she told herself not to be too hard on herself and take things too seriously, she still couldn't help but want everything to be perfect.

Cuffed is what she had named it, she'd also made a logo for it. It had a beaded bracelet on wrists of two people, splashed with pink and purple colours. It was cute and trendy (from what knowledge she'd gained from the internet) and she was just waiting to show everything to Ishir and ask him what he thought of it. She knew he was dying to know what she was doing whenever she was on her laptop, but he never intruded.

"Darsh baby," she chided him softly when he started crawled towards the edge of the bed. Fear had also gripped Falak recently, because Darsh just wanted to go everywhere. And whenever Ishir was working from home, he had started trying to make him walk. In fact, he'd gotten him a walker. In no time he would also start walking and Falak had to be extra careful with everything.

She picked him up, kissed his face and made him sit in his yellow walker instead. He giggled and called her, wanting her whole attention as he played with it. Falak had to abandon her work and clap for him.

"You're so good at this," she smiled at him, his laughter increased. "Such a cute baby!"

He raised both his hands and started jumping on his toes, she picked him up. "Do you want to go meet Appa at his office?" she asked him, tickling his stomach. "Appa will be so happy to see you!"

X

Finally had she built enough courage to visit Ishir at his office. He had spoken about some of his colleagues to her but never officially met anyone. She had texted him that she was coming and only after he said she could, had she started getting ready. Even though she would've loved to surprise him, she didn't want to seem like she was intruding when she was going there for the first time.

Ishir was already at the receptionist when she came inside. He smiled at her, she hadn't even spoken but was already being lead away. The office was clean and colourful, it smelled like paint and hectic work schedules. She could see some of the employees running in a hurry.

"That's the PR team," he told he not to worry about his work either. She could only trust his words.

"You look so pretty, by the way," he turned to give her a once over. She was wearing a maxi dress, Darsh attached to her hip. Ishir told her she'd hold him but she didn't let him.

"He almost scared me today," she said, sounding poutier than she intended too. "He was going to roll off the bed."

"Maybe we should invest in softer rugs," he mused, "Or maybe railings around the bed, huh?"

"Wouldn't that be uncomfortable?" she didn't catch on his jesting.

"He should just sleep on his crib then," he put his arm around her and whispered in her ear. "We should sleep together alone on the bed."

She blushed and pushed him away.

"Oi! Ishir bhai! Is that bhabhi?"

Soon Falak was being introduced to his colleagues, there were total 6 members in his team mostly around his age expect for a 20-year-old girl who's just joined them recently.