satrah

There was this one-time Falak had shut everyone from her life. It had happened just before she'd divorced her ex-husband. She wasn't in touch with anyone. Not even her own self.

Many times, she felt she'd lost memories of that time. It had only been 2 years and yet everything was a blur. But not the feeling. She always remembered how she felt, even if she didn't remember why she felt that way. And maybe that's what people called nostalgia, a gut-wrenchingly insolent feeling of self-destruction.

"You missed me so much, huh?" Bani crossed her legs, her fingers interlocked.

Falak chewed on her lip, the weather in Chandigarh was blazing hot even in June. She just wanted the monsoon to start up in North too, maybe they should've moved after another month. But because Ishir's transfer procedures were over, they couldn't really do anything. And even if he kept insisting her that they didn't have to move anymore now if she wanted, she just let it happen.

It had been a week since they settled into their new house. Yashika was helping them unpack and whatnot. With a small baby around she couldn't really do everything by herself even if she had Ishir helping her. And especially when they still hadn't sort everything out.

Bani had come over from Ludhiana alone, Amrit was caught up in work but she still insisted on going to meet her alone.

"Now we are just a few hours away," she said. "Who would've thought?"

"It's just for a year as far as I know," Falak held her face with her hands, she had been on her laptop the whole day working on the new project after she had finished setting up the living room. Now that Bani had come to visit, she had realised her deadline was far from near.

"Where's Darsh?"

"With his dad."

"They went out?" Bani laughed. "Leaving you all alone?"

"No," she rolled her eyes. "I knew you were coming so I stayed behind, okay?"

"What about travel and all?" she asked. "Is Ishir bringing his car from back home? Or is he buying a new one? Don't tell me you'll have to go in cabs or autos all the whole time. Chandigarh can be a bit expensive."

"I think it's cheaper."

"You're in delusion," Bani made a face. "Anyways, what? Did you not plan or sort things before shifting? Why are you so blank about everything?"

They did in fact had sort out things about shifting. Ishir did talk to her a long ago about the specifics of living and their expenses way before they even had their 'fight'. The only really reason Falak was blank was because she wasn't really paying attention to what Bani had been blabbering about in the past 5 minutes.

"Oh! Hello!" Yashika was drying her hair with a baby pink towel. She had woken up late, because she had stayed late to help them set up Darsh's baby products. They were a lot of them. And his toys too, of course.

"Hey," Bani gave her a smile, she turned back to Falak again. "Are you buying furniture?"

She blinked, "The place is semi-furnished already. . ."

"Don't tell me you want to sleep on someone else's rust-musty bed that they probably had sex on multiple times?"

Falak didn't reply, she just ignored her and went into the kitchen. They had yet to buy most of the utensils but the electric kettle did save Falak a lot of time in making tea. When she gave it to Bani, she instead complained how she didn't like it and she wanted 'authentic' chai instead. Falak ignored her even then.