22. Fuzzy Feeling

Start from the beginning

"Uh, well... Val sort of helped me? To get a job. I think it was one of her jobs at, uhm, a cafe bookstore, I think. Yeah, that one. She said I could try that one first before considering daycare stuff, and... I got accepted," Ein made happy noises, which made Aaron feel a bit more at ease.

"Congrats, jobless man, on getting employed," he joked. "Hey! I was a working student before!" Aaron laughed at Ein's response. "Yeah, yeah, working student, blah blah. What kind of job did you do at that time, hmm~?" he questioned. Ein responded right away, "Daycare thing, babysitting annoying kids, duh."

"Then why did Val tell you to work at the cafe bookstore first if you're so good at taking care of kids?" he asked. "She told me that kids nowadays are... hard to handle. I have no idea what she meant, but I'll trust her for now," Aaron smiled. "Wanna grab lunch later?" he suggested. "Wow, there. Take me out to dinner first," Ein's tone was playful. But of course, Aaron bit back. "Already did that, now yes or no?" He heard Ein's sigh of defeat. "Alright, smooth wine. I'll get lunch with you. Where do you want to meet?"

"Hm... Get here at eleven. I'll cook us something if you're not as busy," he offered. "Really? Lunch at your house?" Aaron put down his phone on the counter and stretched his arms up. "Yeah, where else? I'm cooking. Melissa said she won't be home till two PM, and Aphmau is visiting some of our friends with Kim," Aaron explained. "Alright then, cook us something good, chef~" Ein chuckled.

"Sure" Aaron replied. After their conversation ended, he had a big grin on his face. He chuckled. "Why the hell do I feel so tingly?" He brushed it off and went to his room to get some clothes to change and then went to bathe.

Another hour had passed, and the living room was fully set. Ein had messaged Aaron that he could stay as he had nothing to do at his house. Aaron had already finished cleaning the kitchen after making their lunch.

Then he finally heard a knock on his door. He quickly walked to the front door and opened it with the biggest smile on his face. "Hey there, bastard," he said, his face entirely making a smirk. Ein looked at him. "Hey, loser. Care to welcome me in?" Then he smiled too, and the two of them chuckled as Ein went inside.

"Damn, the living room looks nice," Ein said when he took a glance. "You can wait there if you want I'll bring our food." Ein listened and went to the living room while Aaron grabbed their food. When Aaron entered the living room, he smelled the food right away.

"Well, now I know how hungry I am that smells wonderful." When Aaron put down Ein's plate, their food was rice at the bottom with melted cheese covering the top, some macaroni, and a few crushed celery pieces finishing the top. "It's an easy meal I could do, so I hope it's enough." Ein looked at him. "Are you crazy? This could fill my stomach up; it already smells delicious," Ein said and took a bite. After swallowing, he sighed. "This is so good."

With a simple compliment, Aaron smiled. "Haha, thanks... Just enjoy your meal." After their lunch, Ein was half full, so Aaron opened a bag of chips just for him and a few beers while binge-watching Adventure Time. It felt a bit like déjà vu, but Aaron ignored it.

Although Aaron was obviously out of place, he still looked at the screen a bit motionless. Then Ein, who was about to talk, looked at Aaron, noticing that something was going on with him.

He gently shook Aaron's hand, making Aaron look at him, and the change in his expression was already enough for Ein. "Are you okay?" The question stunned Aaron Was he acting weird? "Uh, yeah? Why wouldn't I be?" Ein sighed and moved closer to him. Aaron backed away a bit, making Ein end up on top of him while leaning closer, cornering Aaron.

"I don't know how long you have lied, but You promised to open up more, so tell me everything that's going on in your head. No more lies. I'll listen and at least try to comfort you, even though I'm terrible at it." It was obvious that the position Ein was in was a bit embarrassing, as his cheeks were red.