22. Fuzzy Feeling

The very next day, Aaron had left after having breakfast with Ein. When he went home, the house was empty it was only him there. After entering his room, it felt weird that he feels so lonely just sitting beside his bed, looking at the ceiling; it was quiet.

He had one thing in mind... "What the hell am I supposed to do now?" That is precisely what's in his head. He hated this uncomfortable silence. He was used to this, but why feel discomfort now?

The thought of last night was bothering him. His face felt warm. "Did I think he was pretty?" he groaned. "It's normal to call him that, right? Why the hell is this bothering me? I've called others pretty before," he sighed. "But why is this one so different from the others?" He lowered his head onto his knees. "And why the hell do I feel so alone?..."

This very same feeling... is what he felt when he woke up from the hospital. It was blurry, it was painful, and he felt so alone, even though his sister was the first he met when he opened his eyes.

He left with Melissa for the time being, still recovering, still unknown to his surroundings. His vision wasn't as clear, but he was sure that it felt so overwhelming waking up not knowing everyone who knew him and not even having a damn clue on who did this to all of them and even him.

When the time he came back, he was confused by this girl he saw lying down in the hospital bed. She felt familiar to him but not as close... He remembered who his sister and mother were, but his father... still unknown to him.

This girl was hugging him tightly, but Aaron knew the painful look in her eyes when he asked who she was. But she still smiled and greeted him. He was still recovering his memories, and yet the very same overwhelming feeling was still there.

Once he started remembering everyone, Aaron felt someone was missing, and he met the very person who was missing, the very person who left scars on him and his friends. He felt sick when he found out, but he couldn't hate him. He wants to. He does want to hate Ein with all his might.

But he can't, and he doesn't know why. Inside him, his gut was telling him to save him instead of fighting him... and once he did follow that gut, it didn't disappoint him. He was relieved that it worked out well.

He thought that after all this fighting, maybe everything would be alright, that everything could just be okay. But of course, he just had to kiss back, didn't he?

Aaron snapped back to his senses, still in his room, dead silent. His mind was racing. "How am I going to be able to figure this all out?... Fuck, I'm too old for this shit..." he groaned and stood up, stretching his arms forward. "Maybe doing some chores could distract the hell out of me..."

He did all the chores he could think of, but only a few he could finish. As for the others, they were already done. He tried to think of another distraction he couldn't stand feeling awful, he needed to find a way to avoid feeling it.

An hour had passed by, and Aaron was doing push-ups. No one was around, so he took the chance. Then he got a call. He stopped and took a break. He answered the call, and it was Ein greeting him. He seemed happy. "Why do you sound so happy? Did something happen?" he asked, chuckling a bit. "Okay, wow. Then why do you sound so out of breath?" Ein asked back. Aaron laughed. "Working out, why? No one's home, so~" Aaron responded and drank water from his bottle. "Really? I thought you only jog in the morning?"

"I did more than just jogging in the morning to get this body. I even ate healthy food since like my teen years," he playfully laughed. "Damn... no wonder- I mean, shit, uh, tell me how many do you do daily of working out?" Ein asked. "You're that curious? I'll send you a list later, but stop about me. What's up with you? You sound so charming right now." As Aaron said that, he put down his bottle and grabbed a towel to wipe his sweat.