Chapter IV

Nothing much finer than being on a sick mattress double a day, right? The ache in my head crossed my heart, making it feel cramped with blaze. I groaned in pain as I opened my eyes. I saw Irizel resting on a bed beside mine, and Amber was too. They both looked lifeless. I also saw Tianira and Peter discussing something nearby. The fair thing was that my ears were keen enough to listen to their conversation.

"Are you certain?" Peter asked in doubt, "That's all you witnessed?"

"Don't be a panda, Peter," Tianira said sternly, "My eyes do not deceive me. I saw what I saw. Do not try to cheat me. If you hadn't blocked my view when Panther was pacing to Angel, I should've known what happened!"

"I am genuinely sorry, Ti. But don't consider it as the truth. I don't understand why."

"Why?" Tianira exclaimed, her eyes burning with rage and misery, "Why don't you consider me? Why can't you believe me? Why won't you?"

"I-" Peter hesitated, feeling remorseful, "Also, when you were gone, we were assailed by the Nothainmorts. We attempted our best to overthrow them. But I am afraid we failed. That's not the most alarming yet, Ti. Your brother is missing. We do not know where he went. He made a miscalculation at his possessing enchantment. And after Duchess and Dylan left, he started floating to the gates."

"Why didn't you try to stop him?" Tianira asked.

"We tried to, but he was out of reach when we ran to the gates. As is, he never left." Peter said, melancholy.

"What happened then?" I muttered.

Tianira rushed to my side and asked if I was feeling alright.

"No," I said in pain, "My chest feels like fire."

"Oh, mon cher, what has happened to you?" Tianira said as she examined my chest, "This is not good."

I noticed that in my chest, there is a somewhat circle in it. I realized that it was a panther's head. Suddenly, I felt the worst pain attack I've felt. It surged right at my chest where the Panther's was. Tianira used her magic to control whatever was in my chest. She somehow made me feel a little better.

"Peter, take her to her room," Tianira said boldly, "She needs to rest alone. Don't let anyone disturb her unless it is Elizabeth."

"Sure, Ms. Chrysaor." Peter said in a very affectionate way.

I entered my room and looked around. Nothing changed. At the moment, I'm feeling quite exhausted. My eyelids keep drooping, and I cannot stop yawning. All I want to do is crawl into bed and sleep. It's tough to concentrate on anything when I'm feeling this way. Although I know I must remain awake and productive, it is a constant struggle. Perhaps a brief nap could help me recharge and feel more attentive. Finally, as I lay on my mattress, I felt much more comfortable.

*.*.*