"I didn't come to you because I couldn't!" Lincoln yelled.

Everyone was startled by that.

"What do you do when the girls fight? What do you do? What do you do? You lock yourselves in your bedroom with Lily and let everything outside happen! It's basically a free-for-all when you do nothing and let the girls fight. Do you have any idea how dangerous that is? Someone could get really hurt or caught in the crossfire. That's why I ran away because I was afraid. I was scared of getting hurt!" Lincoln explained.

Rita and Lynn Sr.'s faces slowly show shock and horror upon realizing the reason behind Lincoln's actions.

"I didn't go to you two for help because you two wouldn't have done anything. You simply would have said, 'Sorry, Lincoln, but we just got to let the girls sort it out,' like you usually do, and you wouldn't even let me in your room for safety from them. You would just leave me out there to get caught in the crossfire," Lincoln said.

Those words slammed into the parents' core like a sledgehammer because he was right. That's exactly what they would have done if Lincoln asked them to stop the fighting.

"That's what kind of parents you are. You're afraid of your own children. You're too spineless and cowardly to put your foot down and end the fighting like normal parents. The only reason you're doing it now is because I'm here in the hospital," Lincoln stated.

"That's not true! Lincoln, we realize that we should have done something earlier. But we're your parents. You're supposed to come to us when you need us," Rita responded.

Lincoln raised his eyebrow at that.

"When I need you? Really? That's funny because when I needed you, you weren't there, or you were too busy being there for them!" Lincoln jabbed, pointing to his sisters.

The parents glanced at each other at the Loud sisters.

"What are you saying?" Rita asked.

"I'm saying you're always there for them and not me. You never supported me in any of my hobbies or interests. You barely even know what they are. You drag me to all of theirs. I encourage and support them because that's the only thing I can do! I can't pursue any of my goals because you don't give me any time or support to go after them or figure out what they are. You don't listen, and you never give me time for myself. It's ironic that you're using me as the main character for your book when you neglect him more than care for him!" Lincoln stated firmly to his mother's face.

Rita was silent with a look of shock on her face. She was trembling, and her pupils shrank, tears slowly building up in her eyes. Her son's words were like knives to her heart.

Lincoln turned to Lynn Sr., "And you, sometimes I feel like I barely know you. You're more neglectful than she is. At least she tries to hang out with me here and there. At least she tries to make time for me, but you? You know when's the last time you and I had a father and son time together? Not with the family. Not with any of my sisters. You know when's the last time we've spent time together, just you and me?"

Lynn Sr. uttered, not remembering when indicating it's been too long. He just now realized that, and it left a hole in his chest, filling him with guilt.

"It was when I learned how to ride a bike without training wheels . . . when I was seven frigging years old! Since then, we've done nothing. Zero. Zip. Nada. We've got nothing to show any connection between us."

"Lincoln, we didn't mean to make you feel left out. We were just busy. I-I've spent maybe too much time training to be a cook so that I could get a restaurant, but that doesn't mean we don't want to spend time with you," Lynn Sr. said.

Lincoln scoffed, "You don't show you want to spend time with me either."

"Lincoln, do you think we want you to feel neglected? Of course, we want a connection with you! You're our son, for crying out loud!" Lynn Sr. protested.

Lincoln closed his eyes and shook his head. When he opened them, he turned to look at his parents.

"In all honesty, given your actions and behavior these past weeks, I'm not sure I want a connection with you two," Lincoln said coldly.

That statement made everyone gasp. Their eyes were as wide as dish plates with their pupils tiny. They had never seen Lincoln like this and certainly never expected him to say something so cruel. The sisters were less surprised by this as they knew why.

"Lincoln . . . how can you say that?" Rita uttered.

"How could I not? You're both afraid of your own kids. You're both cowards. Neglectful cowards!" Lincoln stated, raising his voice.

Both parents were on the verge of tears. Lincoln had to use every ounce of his will to hold back his own tears. It pained him to hurt his parents, to break their hearts, but enough was enough. Lincoln felt a change had to be made; sometimes, change can only be done the hard way.

"I don't like talking like this, and I know it hurts to hear me say such things to you, but I am tired of you two making empty promises. I am tired of not being able to count on you. I am tired of knowing I can't come to you two for help. You want a connection between us? Then you two need to be the parents that your children need – especially the parents I need! I need my mother. I need my father. I need my parents . . . because if this happens again if I get hurt because of my family . . . I'll leave, and you'll never find me," Lincoln stated.

No one said anything. The silence stretched out like a blade. The parents were utterly distraught. They began panting slow but deep breaths as they let Lincoln's words sink in. It was as if they just saw someone die as the tears slowly rolled down their cheeks. The girls were stunned to see their parents like this.

As Lincoln laid back on the bed, the parents slowly left the room. Rita went to the stairs while Lynn Sr. sat in a chair down the hallway – both were crying. The sisters closed the door and sat close to their brother.

The eldest sister was the first to speak, "Lincoln . . . first, everything you said was right, but don't you think you were a little too harsh on them? I mean, you literally hit their hearts with a sledgehammer."

"Sledgehammer? More like running them over with a truck. That was way harsh, dude!" Luna added.

"It's like Lisa said. Some lessons are learned the hard way," Lincoln replied.

A nurse walked in, "I'm sorry, everyone, but visiting hours are closing."

Everyone gave a sorrowful look but reluctantly got ready to leave.

"Don't worry, Lincoln. We'll come to visit you every day," Leni promised.

"Indeed. I wish to examine your brain and wish to understand your 'abilities.' Maybe I can help you master them or, at the very least, do something about those head pains," Lisa said.

Lincoln nodded, "Okay."

Lori planted a long kiss on his head, "We love you so much, Lincoln. We promise we'll make things right."

Lincoln nodded again. Everyone hugged him, but Lynn gave him the longest and a kiss. She had tears building up in her eyes.

Lincoln wiped her eyes, "It'll be okay, Lynn. I love you all."

Lynn's lip trembled as she gave the slightest nod.