2.10

Chapter 24:
MINGYU

Jinae nodded, her heart pounding in her chest as they made their way to the old playground

Jinae nodded, her heart pounding in her chest as they made their way to the old playground. Every step felt heavy with anticipation and fear. The sun had fully set at this point, casting long shadows across the park. The once-familiar playground seemed eerie under the dim glow of the streetlights.

As they reached the playground, they scanned the area, searching for any signs of movement. The air was thick with tension as they waited for something – anything – to happen. Minutes felt like hours as they strained their senses for any sound or movement.

Just then, a figure emerged from the darkness, sending a shiver down Jinae's spine. It was Yeoni, her small frame trembling, standing in the faint light of the streetlamp.

"Yeoni!" Taeyong's voice was a mix of relief and desperation as he rushed forward and enveloped her in a tight hug. Jinae and Jaehyun followed closely, their hearts heavy with worry and relief.

"Are you okay, Yeoni?" Jinae's voice trembled as she knelt down to the little girl's level.

Yeoni nodded, her tear-streaked face looking up at them. "I'm sorry, unnie. I didn't mean to make everyone worried."

Taeyong held her even tighter, his voice choked with emotion. "We were so scared, Yeoni. Don't ever run off like that again."

As they stood there, huddled together under the dim light, Jinae felt a deep sense of gratitude. Grateful that Yeoni was safe, that they had found her.

"Let's get you home, Yeoni," Taeyong said softly, his voice filled with a mixture of relief and exhaustion.

Together, they walked back to the taxi they had arrived in. The city that had seemed so vibrant and bustling earlier felt quieter now, a backdrop to the intense emotions they were feeling.

Jinae's gaze met Jaehyun's. There was an unspoken understanding between them – an acknowledgement of the fear they had experienced and the relief they were feeling at that moment. In the midst of uncertainty, they had come together to ensure Yeoni's safety, Jinae's trust bond growing even stronger in the process.

The trio stood near the taxi, ready to head back home. Their hearts were still heavy with the adrenaline of the evening's events, and relief washed over them in waves. Yeoni was safe, and that was all that mattered.

However, as the taxi's headlights illuminated the path ahead, a figure emerged from the shadows. Jaehyun's heart skipped a beat as he recognized the person who stepped into the dim light. It was Mingyu, a person that was his enemy. The air grew tense, and the feeling of unease returned with a vengeance. Yeoni hid her face in Taeyong's torso as she continued to shake in fear of the guy who just appeared.

Mingyu's eyes were locked on Jaehyun, his face had a look of amusement. Jinae instinctively stepped closer to Jaehyun, her protective instincts kicking in. She could feel the tension in Jaehyun's body, his jaw clenched as he met Mingyu's gaze.

"So, I see you've found her... and this is where the great Jaehyun settled down," Mingyu's voice was laced with a mocking tone. "I've heard so much about your little escape from South Korea."

Jaehyun's voice was cold and measured. "What do you want, Mingyu?"

Mingyu's lips curled into a smirk. "Oh, I think you already know."

Jinae's grip on Jaehyun's hand tightened. She felt a surge of anger at Mingyu's audacity. "Leave us alone," she spoke up, her voice firm.

Mingyu's gaze shifted to Jinae, his eyes narrowing slightly. "You must be Jinae. I've heard about you too."

Jinae's heart raced. She had no doubt that Mingyu was trouble, and the tension in the air was suffocating. She glanced at Taeyong, who stood nearby, his expression hard, he looked like he was about to beat him up if Yeoni wasn't in his arms.

"What do you want, Mingyu?" Jaehyun voiced again, edged with a warning tone.

Mingyu's smirk widened. "I thought we could have a little chat. Catch up on old times."

Jinae's intuition screamed at her that Mingyu's intentions were far from innocent. She took another step closer to Jaehyun, her protective stance unwavering.

"Leave, Mingyu," Taeyong's voice was low and authoritative. "We have nothing to say to you. If you have a problem with how things ended, take it up with the new owners."

Mingyu's gaze flickered between them, his still prominent. "Very well. But remember, Jaehyun, our business isn't finished or else that girl gets it again, how do you think she disappeared? Too vulnerable... or maybe I should take the other one..."

"You'll never get your hands on her," Jaehyun stated firmly, an arm wrapping around her shoulder protectively as she held onto him tightly.

"Oh? We'll see," and with that, Mingyu turned and disappeared back into the shadows, leaving a tense atmosphere in his wake. Jinae let out a breath she hadn't realised she was holding, her heart still racing from the encounter.

"We should go," Taeyong said, breaking the silence. "Yeoni needs to rest."

Nodding, Jinae turned to Jaehyun. She could see the conflict in his eyes, the weight of his past and the challenges of the present weighing heavily on him.

"I'm here for you," Jinae said softly, her voice filled with determination, not wanting him to run away again.

Jaehyun met her gaze, gratitude and vulnerability flickering in his eyes. "I know."

I COULDN'T THINK OF AN ENEMY LIKE ONLY MINGYU CAME INTO MY MIND BUT I LOVE HIM AHHH IM SORRY I COULDNT THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE